The Becoming God

Friday, October 11, 2013

Jethro, the Magic Hat of God


(A peek over my shoulder as I write an old friend, Hopeful Anthony.)

Dear Hopeful, 

So glad to see that you are still alive, o quiet one. I am still dealing with the famine for the Word, for its meaning in me. Below is the repair I will be posting on The Becoming God blog tonight. I have to do a big repair on Unpoor Yourself, too. 

They ain'ts people in the Bible, they're concepts, perceptions of reality that seem "over there" even though they are in us. Growing is getting rid of the distance. The "people," all of them, are the reader. Everything we were supposed to learn from the Old Testament is "Jesus" speaking to us personally in the New. 

How is this retirement stuff? Any advice? I am 64 and the plant may close in 1-2 years. I should just make a full thirty by layoff date.

*************************************

Marvel at Jethro, the magic hat of God. 

Jethro is the overflowing goodness of God. It is like a magician's hat that an endless stream of rabbits keeps coming out of. YHWH, the flow of God into manifestation, just keeps coming! God's nature is goodness and love and power and wisdom, and these are demonstrated in his manifesting. 

"His excellence," Jethro's literal meaning in Hebrew, tells us that God is there. Those rabbits have to be coming from somewhere! 

All those rabbits are like a little bird up in a tree. You know it is there because you can hear it chirping. Where is it? You keep looking. I know it is there, I can hear it, I just can't see it. 

Jethro gives us indication that God is here. Though it is His excellence, Moses found that the spigot, if you will, of God's excellence was his own imagination! "I become (in manifestation) what I become (in imagination)!" 

Jethro is God. His excellence isn't something done by remote control, but is God's movement. That is, he doesn't rearrange something else, he rearranges himself.

Hmmmm (tick...tock...tick...tock...). Hey! Wait a minute! That means that I am him! 

Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! Ding! 

Define your rabbits and hear them. We hear them by saying them. Our speech is in our minds, in our imaginations. "We call not out loud, but by an intense effort of intense attention. To listen attentively, as though you heard, is to create. The events and relationships of life are your Word made visible" (Neville Goddard, Mental Diets). 

"Let there be Light," the divine heard. The divine is the faith that it shall come to pass. This is the basis for the religion we know as Judaism. 

Jethro is the road of exodus. You are free to walk it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home