The Becoming God

Tuesday, August 27, 2013

What, I Think, Deuteronomy 6: 4 is About


By the two larger letters below, the Bible says, Let this be a witness
to you . . .

SHEM'A YISRAEL YHWH ELOHEYNU YHWH ECHAD, Deut. 6: 4.

This is translated as, "Hear, O Israel, the LORD your God, the LORD
is One."

Let us apply to this translation what I think is insight, that
a) shema means listen;
b) in the word Israel, God is the doer, = God-ruling-as-man;
c) YHWH is God's nature, the pattern of his love flowing into the actuality
of his own existence in this dimension; and
d) e'had, the compound unity that is God, includes us:

"Listen, O God-Ruling-as-Man, the flow of God's love into manifestation,
verily your God, the flow of God's love into manifestation . . . is YOU!"

That does put a different twist on it, doesn't it?

Hey, wait a minute. That not only means that I am Jesus Christ, but that
jerk over there is Jesus, too. I mean, that fellow over there is Jesus, too. I
love Jesus -- do I have to love that fellow, too? Think of him as Jesus,
honor him as Jesus, listen to him as Jesus, give to him as Jesus, help
him as Jesus . . .

Yep. That is Deuteronomy 6: 5, the Great Commandment -- we are all
God, and we shall love the flow of God's love into manifestation -- our
neighbor -- with all our heart, and with all our soul, and with all our might.

I usually say other things to other, uh, less capable drivers when I am
driving my car. Maybe it will help me to just say, "I love you, Jesus,"
to them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home