The Becoming God

Wednesday, April 26, 2023

The Feeling That Is "The Secret" Is The Feeling Of Immediate Oneness With God

Kudos to Neville Goddard who wrote Feeling is the Secret on the Law of Assumption and our oneness with God. There are a lot of people who are disappointed that they have believed all of Neville's teachings on causation and manifestation and have diligently followed all of Neville's "technique," and nothing has happened. If feeling is the secret, and they have felt till they are blue in the face with no success, what is missing? In short, God.

"A man can receive nothing unless it is given him from heaven" (John 3:27). The connection between our felt imagining and its manifestation in concrete reality is a bridge of incidents ORCHESTRATED by the invisible rest of God--the rest of the one God we are also part of. Neville's Feeling is the Secret is a Bible study. He preached as a believing Christian. Neville and his students all believed in God and were learning to wake up AS Him. If you go to an evangelistic meeting where healing is expected, they always lead people in a prayer of confession of belief in God BEFORE praying for healing. Doubters need not apply. When you recognize--have the feeling--that God is present and powerful for salvation, belief in healing is easy.

But you have to get there, to having the feeling that YOU are one with God, that there is no separation or division between God and His creation, you, which is His imagination. Our life is His. He hears all we think and say and sees all we do because He is our imagination, and our imagination is Him. That is why Neville says assumption is prayer: "It is praise; it is thanksgiving." That's because the feeling of oneness with God--the euphoria of BEING God--is foundational to Neville's technique.

If manifesting things is all God is to you, "your God is too small." I keep a book by that title (by J. B. Phillips) prominently displayed in my room where I always see its cover. It is to remind myself that my conceptualization of what God really is is way too small. He didn't just create everything in this dimension by imagining; He created the dimension itself by imagining. He is beyond all and IS all. Have the feeling that, "Me, I am That"--real belief in God, that you are one with Him--when you are praying, worshiping, praising and giving thanks--feeling that you HAVE what you desired.

3 Comments:

  • How do we get to that pre-SATS stage then? How do we get to "there":

    "But you have to get there, to having the feeling that YOU are one with God, that there is no separation or division between God and His creation, you, which is His imagination."

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:38 AM  

  • Thank you for the question, Anonymous at 8:38. I am sorry, but I am a bit groggy this morning (haven't had my coffee yet), and can't figure our the acronym SATS. I am sure I know, but I am drawing a blank. Could you explain, please? As for getting "there," you preach to yourself all the verses/passages you know and can kind that say that YOU are God. Jesus (God in you) came preaching, "The Kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe the Gospel." The word Gospel means reward--your Godhood as a part of the One God, that we are connected and involved. "As the Beginning, the Son of God creates . . . " (Genesis 1:1 Alexander). Who creates the world we live in? WE do. So who is the Son of God? "Unless you believe, 'I am He,' you die in your sins." "Commune with God (your imagination) on your bed." You see, you create a litany of illuminating affirmations AND BELIEVE THEM. We are not separate gods, little 'g', independent of God's morals; we are bits of the One God wholly dependent upon His morals. Here's an illustration: God, the consciousness of the Ineffable and Its Life, is like an underlying force to this dimension. It is spread everywhere - like the rhizomatous roots of a plant - under the surface of our experience. From this underlying force we pop up into this field of perception/imagination and live our lives. Which are HIS life. This will be my next post. Please do explain what SATS is. Thanks.

    By Blogger Daniel C. Branham-Steele, at 12:28 PM  

  • The apology should be from my side. Sorry, I used an acronym that is frequently referred to on other platforms. It stands for state akin to sleep--as in the sleepy state that Neville Goddard tells us to imagine from.

    From your original post, it seemed that you were telling us to get to there before the SATS stage, hence my question.

    Thanks for your reply. I want to thank you also for the original post. It reflected similar thoughts in my mind. After many debates on other platforms, I realised that majority of NG readers today are really only interested in the Law and not the Promise. And what is worse is that they are not even interested in the basis of the Law: which is that, in the first place, we are of the ONE, hence we can create!

    How are base minds going to truly believe in the law if they reject our divinity? How are down and out people, battered minds, depressed souls going to manifest a radical change in their circumstances if they reject the power?

    So I was glad to read your post, and sought clarification on how to get "there" first.

    I am tempted to ask you to share your "litany of illuminating affirmations". But, somehow, I feel that you may not be keen on such a post regarding something to the letter rather than to the spirit, so practical, so Law of Attraction type material! Hahaha.

    Regardless, I know my Bible--or at least, I have it, so I know I can create my own litany of illuminating affirmations.

    On a, perhaps, sober note:
    I have fought between ends and means. I know ends do not justify means. I know physical, material possessions should not be used to determine the value of life (quality of life).
    I know I cannot succumb to thinking manifestation success rate is the determination of how close a person is to truth.

    But after all the reading and learning over decades, I just cannot get completely away from the conclusion: my (your/one's) philosophy (belief system) is only as good as what it can produce. Trees and fruits, etc etc.

    I don't think I have a question here. I am probably just sharing my thoughts with you, to respond to (or not) as you see fit.

    I used to practise SATS and other techniques that Neville taught like revision, inner speech, etc. My success varied. Magical moments, tremendous synchronicities...

    But somehow, I always felt like that was not the way of life. God cannot be merely a genie in a bottle. God cannot be merely a technique or formula. (At least, not in a very powerful way. I always succeed with the Neville's "I will not climb a ladder" challenge. But so what if I climbed a ladder?)


    Then I decided to read Neville's lectures again. This time round, actually READING rather than limiting myself to only the Youtube audio lectures. There are so many more lectures in text on websites outside Youtube. And so much more theology that Neville spoke about. And this goes back to your post. Neville was absolutely not a Law of Attraction guru. Neville was far, far more than that. And it is not just dead theology, but theology that helps us know our power even more!

    Or at least, that is what I seem to think, or hope! And as the saying goes, where the rubber meets the road. Knowledge of God, of us, MUST prove itself in better performance in the world of shadows.

    Thank you.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home