The Becoming God

Sunday, May 23, 2021

Response to Cheryl Craig's Comment on Providence: A Mystical Fantasy Tour Into One Man's Oneness Pentecostal Theology

Cheryl's comment on "Providence" (February 27, 2018) was too good to leave in the comment section where most readers would miss it. I promised Cheryl that I would respond, and am greatly embarrassed that it has taken so long to do so. Cheryl's question (and it was a big one) sent me on my own mystery tour of questioning what Neville meant by what he said, and was it actually the case. Basically, the answer is yes, but how it is yes has been problematic to answer. Thus there is a lot of verbiage which I am afraid will obfuscate any truly valuable revelation. Cheryl's comment:

"Hi Dan, I love this post. I wish I could sit with you over a cup of coffee and ask you questions. It is said that the longest journey is the one from your head to your heart, and in matters of faith I am on this journey. Most of my life I believe I have had a connection to my inner Self yet it is not a constant. I have had visions and experiences during meditation with long periods between leaving me to wonder what shift I must make in my understanding or knowing to keep this communication flowing. I read in "Sermon On The Mount" by Emmet Fox that we demonstrate where we are at. I have been successful at manifesting consciously sporadically too, making me wonder what it is that is necessary to "find Him" in each moment. I have had a difficult time with faith because of the programming of my childhood but am beginning to see myself as healed and forgiving myself for the way I thought and treated myself. Perhaps this is a beginning. I believe I am on the way though, to that place where self meets Self. I am so grateful I found your blog. I read it every day because you understand in a way that very few people do. If I understand so much of what you are saying it is that as Neville says "we are the operant power" and it is an active practice of faith and learning. I won't really know the great I AM unless I actively assume I am. I think that (is) what Neville is saying when he teaches the law. I begin to truly realize who I am when I put my faith in Him in me. Does this make sense? Do you think I am on to something or do I need to go back to the proverbial drawing board and rethink this. I don't think I will be satisfied until I experience God but for now connecting with your teachings has been an arrow pointing me in a right direction. That is why I love Neville's teaching so much, they are to the point. There is not mystical initiation required to find God. All my life I have been seeking Truth and understanding. God answers prayers, ask and you do find. So thank you for everything you do. I appreciate it. Sincerely, Cheryl C"

___________________________________

What a great comment. Thank you. And yes, Cheryl, as Emmet Fox said, we demonstrate manifestly where we are at because we are, for better or worse, the manifestation of the ineffable (...?). We are where It is, and thus there is fault in It. I believe Its fault has been isolated as us, or at least as a part of our existence, and that this fault is what we are here to overcome. These lives we live, or rather this experience in death (/ignorance - seeming separation from God, see Neville's Unless I Go Away), is the Ineffable's Self-improvement program. The package deal we are with and within the ineffable (...?) to deal with Its fault is a hard concept to grasp. Although the Ineffable is a single whole, I think it helps us to think of It as a layered being. The Ineffable exists in layers, but at no time is It ever two. There is plenty of room in the dynamics of these layers for both Modes and Persons. We are bits of flowing energy within and among the manifestations of the infinite and eternal No-thing, one with all of Its Self and the Milta (Aramaic), Its manifestation.

I am writing more things below to express my layered-God/God in layers theology. But first let me address some semantic issues. Rather than saying, "We are the operant power," I would prefer, "We are one with the operant power." Our doing in the Power is directing, defining, determining. We seem to focus and fix imagically what is to be accomplished by the Power, the Ineffable's intelligence. This more or less intellectual endeavor makes our part effortless, 'cept for the self-control. Other than to deliberate on what is to be manifested, we have absolutely nothing to do with the power which actually accomplishes the manifestation. This is massively confusing, because there is no separation between the parts. All the layers, parts, functions, modes and persons, etc., etc., are one. The Devil (ignorance) is a part of the (...?), yet Christ can say, "He has nothing in Me." It is advaita, parts without division - not one, but not two. And that is the thing: "When it works, you have found Him...that your own wonderful, HUMAN imagination is also (...?).

My question is: when you have found Him, what are you going to do about HIM? I mean, THERE HE IS!! Cheryl said, "There is not (no?) mystical initiation required to find God." This may be true, but when I found Him, the event quickly became a time of fear, remorse, and self-loathing. I had the panic-filled experience of having fallen into the hands of the for-real Living God not on good terms, and of having absolutely nowhere to hide. In desperation I inwardly prostrated myself and surrendered, for there was nothing else for me to do. ALL I could do was, well, nothing. I surrendered and submitted, because I realized I was His. Simply HIS. Abandoned to being nothing but His, I shut up and did nothing but wait. HE then seemed to say, "This is a really good time for some mystical initiation: 'Remember this, and it is all right,'" He accepted me. "Then I must be forgiven!" I realized, and I, overwhelmed with relief, appreciation, joy, and adoration, sensed the flow of His Holy Spirit into my bowels, to which I simply released myself and received. Halleluiah. You cannot not speak in tongues at such a time. And with that interaction came a commission to do whatever He willed. Doesn't mean I understood it at that time, but it was there and is here nevertheless.

Anyway, regarding my concept of the ineffable (...?) being layered:

First of all, ALL is one, the ineffable No-thing I have been designating as the (...?), which is NOT, certainly, a being. It is not a force, a field, or an energy. We actually have no idea or concept of what the No-thing is. We are portrait (adam) of "God," the Ineffable's Consciousness, which must be in some way like us. But how the (...?) has this conscience we have absolutely no idea. We do not know if, or in what way, the Consciousness of the ineffable (...?) portrays the (...?) Itself. Because the (...?), the ineffable No-thing, has no "thingness" to It, It cannot move - for It has nothing to move. This (...?) is the only thing which can honestly say, "I AM THAT I AM" in the sense of the traditional misinterpretation of the Hebrew words 'ehyeh 'asher 'ehyeh (Exodus 3:14).

Second, the ineffable (...?) has a layer we call consciousness, imagination, or awareness. This, in my opinion, is the genuine "Son" and original Manifestation of the Ineffable. Consciousness starts the chain of sonships. For if a son is the image of his father, and the father has a son, then every son must be father to a son - and so on. You will note that we are manifestation of our Father, and father manifestation of ourselves. And all this is one. The Consciousness of the Ineffable is our Father, for we are from and are of it, as it is from the (...?). e Consciousness is as high and as close as we are ever going to get to the ineffable (...?). Consciousness imagines, and that action is the YHWH Who saves us - "Jesus." While I cannot form a mental picture the uncomprehendable (...?), I can picture Its Consciousness as an energy field like electromagnetism or gravity. I can imagine low frequencies and higher and higher frequencies - these frequencies being conscious as persons, or "conscii" - spreading forever in every direction.

Third hangs me up to no end. We have the universal physical manifestation of the Consciousness of the Ineffable. Having at least caption-knowledge of double slit experiments, I realized (or fantasized) that the power of the Ineffable's intelligence is such that it can become whatever physical thing it believes it is. Its intelligence has the power to transition into physical existence. From this we have Big Bangish matter, which in my mind is simply the Divine's pure intelligence energy believing that it is matter. This becomes the stuff our dreams are made into.

Also Third, we have in the Divine field of consciousness conscii, imaginations such as ours which can inhabit physical bodies believing that they are them. More than a few people have voiced the opinion that we are not even here, but are elsewhere and are only dreaming that we are in these bodies - that all this world is a dream, or at best a remote-control and repeatable experience our spirits enter. What? Me? No, I'm not smoking anything. I personally suspect that between the (...?)'s Consciousness and the kajillions of living planets in the material universe are graduated conscii, conscious living beings, some in bodies, some beyond bodies; some ascending in Divine consciousness, and some descending - all part of the One. Ascending is good and desirable, descending is not. As conscii we are part and parcel with them, less aware than their best, more aware than their worst, and just visiting here. The myriads of angels - "messengers" of God - may be among these, and may be channels for the Voice of God we hear, and for His appearances. He is, after all, an infinite spectral field of energy, and they Him.

Are you getting the idea of the somewhat separate levels or layers of God, all of which ARE GOD, the (...?), that I am trying to express? We have the level of the ineffable Beyond Being No-thing; the level of "God" (Its action of Consciousness); a Son of God or God-man (the Beginning of Genesis 1:1) who flipped into being-ness to deal with the (...?)'s Fault (ignorance); Man, who is now manifestation of the Fault; and the Son of Man who overcame the Fault to become Ascended Man, the Man-God. It is pretty trippy.

My point is that we are in there, somewhere in the line of destiny. That is US!! And there is zero distance from the top to the bottom, for it is all one energy from one unknowable Source.

PS: The religion of the ascended conscii is that the Field is good. It is positive, beneficent. From it naturally flows light, life, and love. Therefore, the (...?) must also be.

1 Comments:

  • Hi Dan, Thank you for such a thoughtful response to my question. I love that you ask me when I find God, "What am I going to do with Him" which leads me to ask you the question, when you hear the name Jesus Christ or God, do you think of yourself? Neville repeats this often and I must confess I am getting closer, but not there yet. I reread your answers to my questions because there is so much that I can see you understand and are trying to convey, yet so much one must work out for themselves, in those "ah ha" moments truth comes to us. I think that is what happened to me which led me to the question about desire. What good is it to know I am God but not be God? It is by being Him that I become my Self. The confirmation I have had in imagining creates reality, honestly, is what has brought me this far. Changing thought patterns and beliefs is not a small effort but well worth investing in. Thank you for your thoughtful responses. I truly appreciate them.

    Sincerely,
    Cheryl C

    By Blogger ccraig, at 4:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home