The Becoming God

Friday, September 09, 2022

What Do You Say To Confused Believers?

Anonymous 11:36 raises the question of what we who hold to Neville Goddard's view of God and Christ might share in response to inquiries by Christians who hold to more traditional views. One can, of course, take Neville's own advice to just leave them alone. Their eventual enlightenment and awakening is predestined, and to confuse them before they are ready is only a disservice to them.

There are those who really want to know, however, what is the reason for the hope that is within us, and they deserve some sort of answer (on the condition they do not have ropes and a bunch of sticks). My response is more along the lines of a confession and an invitation: "I found that my 'God,' for all I knew about Him, was too small. He is so much more than just an uncaused Cause, over there somewhere else. I couldn't leave it at that. I wanted to know more about the real thing. I found that He is immediate, here, and real. John chapter one expands about the eternal Jesus BEFORE focusing on our limited Jesus. I saw that the limited Jesus is an illustration of the unlimited. We have to see Him, and then look up at the bigger picture--the (...?) Itself, asking "Where are the connections? What are the correlations? What ARE You?"

It is my experience that He wants to teach. He (It) wants us to know. What else would there be a Bible for? The Word is an explanation of God, and it is addressed to our imagination--where He has the power to work. He speaks in insights; I listen. He shows; I see. John says, "One must believe that Christ came in the flesh." What is that? His flesh apart from all others, our flesh, or the "flesh" of all Creation? Is it not odd, if it is His flesh alone, that the test of faith in Second Corinthians 13:5 is our flesh, not His? (Thus implying that we have misread 1 John 4. Take another look at the implications in John's prologue.) And if it is ours, where is He? What do we have IN us that might be Him? Where do we find a living, dynamic connection with the ineffable, living Word of God? Where do we see Him, hear Him, taste and feel Him? For myself, I speak to Him in my imagination. That is my channel to Him, and from Him to me. When I say that God is my imagination, I know that He is far more than that! It is just that He has imagined everything, and there, in my imagination, is my conscious link to Him.

I have to interject in this discussion one essential point in response to Anonymous' question: No, it is not all right to believe that Jesus' coming in the flesh was His flesh alone. I cannot imagine what the ineffable (...?) might be, but the doctrine of Its being "wholly other" SEPARATE AND DIVIDED FORM US is the worst of all blasphemes. The whole thrust of the Word of God is that THERE IS NO SEPARATION. As weird and incomprehensible as it may be, GOD says He is one--us included. The Wholly Other...is also us. I do not know how that can be, but He says it is. Who am I to believe? I am going to go with Him.

Has the Word become a limited human? He certainly has in me. And He has a word for us: "Come on, let's go!" Come on, let's go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home