The Becoming God

Monday, August 29, 2022

Two Birds With One Stone: Response And Question From Anonymous 11:36 And The Legacy Of The Neville Goddards

Hello Daniel,

Thank you very much for your meaty answer. It is appreciated. Like Siti, I have had to let it marinate. It is flavourful, it is chunky; it is a little difficult to understand the whole of it, hence it took me a while to pen this reply.

You did answer my point of my comment which was about my wondering why you did not seem to share anything about manifestation of material things. I write in my own words about what I have learnt from your comment.

It is not that you do not have the power to manifest. You do, but what it the point of much material things? (Cue in the famous verse about gaining the whole world.) Manifestation is constant, manifestation is everything on earth. Nothing cannot be, cannot exist, cannot be created, cannot appear outside of manifestation. This includes all the "bad things", all the results of not focusing enough in assumption (missing the mark? sin?).

You wrote also about what we are supposed to love with all our heart, mind, soul, and strength. And then there is age.

You have led me to think along certain as regards to manifestation. So thank you for your comment, which as food enough for my thoughts for a long time!

I am wrestling with this conflict now, and would like to know what you think:

In your comment, you wrote about pursuing your own desires versus the undercurrents of what God has done in your life. This is the conflict I have in my heart. Most religions, spirituality touch on this issue. Basically, God's will or my will? I think the overwhelming answer is that a man should bow to God's will. As knowers of the Bible, we know all the verses regarding this. But this is what I am finding conflicting, Daniel! Most if not all religions will teach their followers to abstain from lusts, to be careful of the carnal mind, and to obey "God's will". When I found Neville, it was as if I found true freedom. I found the opposite of what religion taught. Do you see my frustration? I am torn between God and man. I look back in my life, and I, too, see the undercurrents of God's work in me that lead to great moments. I know what it feels like to be doing the will of some higher power, and experiencing serendipities and even material blessings.

But how do I square God's will with "I AM that I AM"? What is the point of imagination, and feeling from the end, feeling from the state of the wish fulfilled? What is the point if I am to simply meditate early in the day, align with God, and then to take the day as it comes, with the assumption that I have attained "God state", hence whatever comes my way is God's way?

My current knowledge leaves me in this dichotomy. I thought I was free when I first discovered Neville, but as I progress further, I find myself chained and shackled in the same dichotomy that was in religion!

I note the portion of your comment about how it is God becoming us rather than that we became God. The direction. Yes. So does this mean it is about laying down the flesh, and seeking and doing God's will? In which case, on a day-to-day, we human beings are supposed to rely on things like prayer, meditation, reading, etc to know how to life? It sounds an awful lot like old religion to me, but is this just all there is to it as far as the day-to-day goes?

I thought I was free,
but now I find myself
in the same dichotomy.
_______________________________________

Dear 11:36,

I woke up this morning thinking about the legacy of Neville Goddard. I think his legacy is not what we can get, but what he gave, which was his understanding. It was his eloquence in saying the same thing differently night after night...that we might understand the truth he experienced first hand...and experience it thus ourselves.

"And he said unto me, Son of man, cause thy belly to eat, and fill thy bowels with this roll that I give thee. Then did I eat it; and it was in my mouth as honey for sweetness" (see Ezekiel 3:1-3; Jeremiah 15:15-16; Psalms 19:10 and 119:101-103; Job 23:12). Neville ate voraciously. Hours in his Bibles every day, hundreds of books. The sweetness of the knowledge of God he knew. But Neville faced a problem:

7. Except in the days of the seventh angel, when he is prepared to blow, (and) God's sermon shall be fulfilled as it was established for his servants*, the prophets.
8. And the voice that I heard from heaven, spoke to me again and said, "Go and take the little book that I opened by the hand of the angel who stands over the sea and over the earth."
9. And I went to the angel, as I told him to give me the little book, and he said to me, "Take and eat it and it will hurt your stomach, except in your mouth it will be sweet as honey."
10. And I took the little book from the hand of the angel and I ate it, and in my mouth it became sweet as honey, and as I ate it my stomach hurt.
11. And he said to me, "You have been sanctified again to prophesy over nations and over peoples and their heads and great kings" (Revelation 10:7-11 Alexander).

God's stomach hurts. It is His problem. So we have been sanctified to teach..to prophesy to the utmost. Everyday is the summer of our discontent: people still do not understand and suffer in confusion, illusion, and despair. "What to do? What to do?" we cry. This (how has your day been going so far?) is God's fix: live (your twelve apostles) by the Golden Rule. Do unto others as you would have done unto you. Give, bless, pray, teach. Live nobly. The nay sayers? Leave them alone. You CAN do anything you honestly think is right and good. You CANNOT go the wrong direction or do the wrong thing. That many-billions-of-years-old Being has already got it covered. Anything you screw up...He already knew. His is the Love, the Wisdom, and the Power. It isn't like we are going to give Him the slip. Be a doer of the Verb.

What have ALL the great learners of God done? War? Sort of...against ignorance. As Israel came in, the inhabitants of Canaan were to be driven out BY GOD. As Israel screwed things up, God just kept making do with that they were...by sending prophets. You can go full bore like T. L. and Daisy Osborn or Smith Wigglesworth, or deal with what is at hand. Big crowds or one-on-one consultations. You think you are going to do something God isn't prepared for? I think He has the time-space continuum safe from you. His will is WHATSOEVER good thing you will. It is not a dichotomy: it is "the old-time religion," the original one: EVERYTHING you do...is Him.

Which reminds me of my favorite-est of all quotations from Dr. Frank C. Laubach: "How fully can you surrender and not be afraid?" (Letters by a Modern Mystic, March 9, 1930, pages 9-11 of 37).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home