The Becoming God

Monday, August 29, 2022

The Challenge Is To DO What We Know Ought To Be Done

Back to Anonymous 11:36:

"What is the point of imagination, and feeling from the end, feeling from the state of the wish fulfilled? What is the point if I am to simply meditate early in the day, align with God, and then to take the day as it comes, with the assumption that I have attained 'God state', hence whatever comes my way is God's way?...I note the portion of your comment about how it is God becoming us rather than that we became God. The direction. Yes. So does this mean it is about laying down the flesh, and seeking and doing God's will? In which case, on a day-to-day, we human beings are supposed to rely on things like prayer, meditation, reading, etc., to know how to life (sic)? It sounds an awful lot like old religion to me, but is this just all there is to it as far as the day-to-day goes?"

No. Did not Paul seek to know nothing but Christ, and Him crucified? What is crucifixion? Being IN the flesh, i.e., in ME!! It is the lust of the flesh we are to mortify--put off or ignore, BY our spirits' taking up the flesh to do God's will IN works. We are to align and GO. "Amen, amen, I am telling you, that whoever believes in me, these works that I do, they will also do; and that greater than these they will do, [now] that I go to the Father. And whatever you ask through my name, I will do for you, so that the Father is glorified through the Son. And if you ask me in my name, I will do it" (John 14:12-14 Alexander, emphasis mine).

I guess Jesus had read the end of Mark 16.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home