The Becoming God

Thursday, June 09, 2022

Looking For God In All The Wrong Places -- Go For The Gap!

I am sorry if I seem to rag on about Thomas Westbrook, the Holy Koolaid. He is just the poster-child for the most recent order of Phariseeism. Well, was. Thomas has left religiousness, which in its way is the fulfillment of Phariseeism, because it does not work. Phariseeism yields nothing finally but scattering, destruction, frustration, disappointment, and death. God certainly has not been impressed with it: the Temples were destroyed, Jerusalem razed, and the land emptied. Hardly an endorsement.

But I kind of like Tom Westbrook. I too am a de-convert from traditional fundamentalist Christianity, except I am trying to go the other way, to Jesusness. I get something of a perverse edification (and sadness) hearing Thomas tear Christianity apart for the Bible being unscientific, self-contradictory, lacking instruction, etc., etc.  I struggled with all that, too, and especially that I believed that YHWH, God Himself, incarnated as a man here two thousand years ago AND DID NOT WRITE ANYTHING. The All-knowing was here and just said, "Hi," provided a way out, and left. WHAT?! Why not explain everything while You are here?

He did not need to, did not want to. That is not what is going on. The gap was enough. "No sign shall be given but the sign of Jonah," which is the gap. In Jonah, a man who had died, was DEAD, inexplicably rose from the dead and warned the living.

I had a gap experience: I found that my left arm was a fraction of an inch shorter than my right. Charles Hunter asked Jesus to make them the same length, and I WATCHED my shorter arm grow out that small distance. How? What did it? I TOOK THE WARNING.

If you want to prove Christianity, if you really want evidence, go for the gaps.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home