The Becoming God

Monday, July 27, 2020

Is Dejavu Because We WERE there?

Just a consideration regarding the theory that were are experiencing lives of sequential tracks of imagination simultaneously:

If we live one track, get old and die, and go back to live another track from some time in our past, we might encounter again places and perhaps events we experienced in previous tracks.

I had a couple of interesting experiences where I recognized or was recognized by people I had never met. In one case, I was hitchhiking through Whittier, California, on my way home from the beach, when I got picked up by a young man my age who started talking to me like I was his neighbor. "You're not Bob Gold?" he asked when he realized that I wasn't Bob Gold (or whatever name he thought I was). He looked familiar to me, also, but we had never crossed paths as far was we could determine.

Another incident was in Honolulu, Hawaii, waiting for a class to start at the metaphysics bookstore. About twenty or so people were milling around outside, and some of us were sitting on the grass. A young woman about my age kept staring at me. "I think I know you," she said. "Yeah, I think I know you, too," I replied. We could think of things we had done together, but we had never been the same areas of the country until we met that moment in Honolulu.

These did not seem to be mere doppelganger incidents or pickup lines. I just wonder if life tracks had overlapped, that we HAD been there, giving us that dejavu feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home