The Becoming God

Tuesday, February 26, 2019

What if Mark 15:34 wasn’t a Question but a Realization?

If you did not get to see v-a.com while it was on the Internet, I pity you. It was Victor Nimrud Alexander’s website. I hope he will put it back up. He had priceless jewels of insight from the ancient Aramaic version of the Bible that you truly will not find anywhere else. Not even in his printed translations (which if you do not have I truly, TRULY pity you if you are at all interested in what the Bible actually teaches, which is nothing, NOTHING like what modern "traditional Christianity" teaches).

Not that I in all things agree with Victor (who, hopefully just for the time being, has gone back to making movies). I read the Bible differently than he does. I cannot speak for Vic, but I believe his approach to be more in line with the literal-historical method. He seems to believe that the Milta, the Manifestation of Allaha (God), became a unique human individual named Eashoa, “the Life-giving Living Branch”; whereas my understanding is more in line with the mystical and symbolic methods of dealing with YHWH’s Jesus-anointing which IS the Life-giving Living Branch.

For instance, only Alexander observes from the Aramaic that Jesus did NOT say in Mark 15:34, "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" but rather, "My Allaha, my Allaha, wherefore did you destine me?" He notes that the first word is actually Eil, the divine name from the Aramaic 'to be', meaning "He is," "Supreme Being," and "I AM." I believe I saw in Victor's blog that Jesus was as much as proclaiming, "Eil, Eil, to this I was destined!" (stated as "For this you destined me" in his Story of Jesus).

We are all destined to fulfill scripture. There is no “New Thought”! There is only “that which was from the Beginning.” The Promise is God's power,* his eternally present “future” kingdom, ruling all in and through us. Eventually we realize this reality, and I believe we have in Mark 15:34 OUR realization—becoming aware—of our true nature: “I AM! I AM! To this (realization, awakening, awareness) I was destined!” Destined to what? To fulfill scripture through this crucifixion to the realization of being the Ineffable.

*I owe this understanding to George Eldon Ladd, 1974, The Presence of the Future: The Eschatology of Biblical Realism, Grand Rapids, Michigan: William B. Eerdmans Publishing Company. Of course, I do not like Ladd see Jesus Christ as a unique, separate, historical individual, but as YHWH’s never separate Jesus-anointing upon us.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home