The Becoming God

Saturday, February 23, 2019

Assume a Lot in a Little Thing

Everybody wants the prayer technique. Late in his life, Neville said that to “hear” a request unto its feeling of consummation should take no more than 10 seconds. I have not experienced that, but it does underscore the fact that in the techniques Neville advocated, one is to assume a lot in a little thing.

Jairus had a daughter. An idea. A plan. And no way to make it happen. So he took up a prayer. There was some event at the end of his plan that could not bear fruit unless the potential of the plan succeeded. If that one little thing flourished, then the whole kit-and-caboodle of the plan must have come into reality. If. only. that. one. little. event. lived.

So Jairus took that one little event to the Consciousness--the Kingdom of God within him, that it might just touch the hem of God's "garment," the Imagination. That one event, by taking on the virtue of Assumption, caused the whole plan to become alive.

Big events are bunches of little events. You want a big thing to happen. After that big thing does happen, what one little thing would necessarily occur BECAUSE OF IT? Imagine that one little thing assuming the whole plan's success in it.

The first of Neville's "creation" experiences occurred during the Great Depression. In New York, a truly penniless Neville wanted to visit his family home in Barbados. His teacher, Abdullah, knew that if Neville was in Barbados, he would necessarily sleep in his own bed there. He instructed Neville to go to sleep in New York assuming that he was in Barbados, fully experiencing his going to sleep there. Neville achieved this assumption, and within a month he was given the trip. And this technique was off to the races.

During World War II, Neville was drafted into the Army and wanted nothing to do with the war. "That night I went to sleep in my little bunk with all the other soldiers and assumed that I was in New York City in my own apartment in Times Square, where I had my apartment. I was in my own bed, my wife was in her bed, and our little girl was in her crib. And then I got up – all in my imagination – and walked through my apartment and felt the familiar objects. I could see them all. I could see them in my mind’s eye. And I made it quite clear to myself that I was not there on furlough; I was honorably discharged and sleeping now as a civilian." In a little over a week, he was.

After World War II, Neville wanted to leave Barbados for New York in April. "There’s no way in hell you can get passage so early," he was told. But Neville knew that if he had passage, he would necessarily board the ship in the harbor from the little tender. "I assumed that I was on a small little boat taking me out to the ship . . . Then I assumed that I was stepping off this little boat onto the gangplank. I could feel the rhythm; I could feel it give as I went up step after step after step. My mind wandered before I got to the top. So, I came back to the bottom again and started all over. It wandered again; I came back to the bottom and did it over. When I got to the top I had no room where I could go. I simply assumed now: My hand is on the rail. I could feel the salt of the sea on the rail. I could feel the salt of the sea in the air, and then I looked towards the Island of Barbados with a mixed feeling: one of sadness because I was leaving the family, and one of joy because I was going back to America where I live. That was a peculiar feeling, but it was a natural feeling. And while I had hold of the rail and assumed this state, I then fell asleep in the chair." The very next morning, he received the passage.

Scan through Neville's lectures and books. He has dozens of examples and case histories. People want things, big things, so they assume a little thing consequence of the big thing. I got a tip about Joseph Alai's blog the other day. He wanted a book autographed by Neville. He imagined seeing the signature in his book, and received it as a gift.

This is pretty much the story of the Bible: God IMAGINED light (he hasn't got a mouth, for God's sake). A lot of light occurred. And the plan is still running. Just get a little bit resulting from your success IMAGINED, ASSUMED to be real, and you will find that you are God, too. Happy Kingdoming.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home