The Becoming God

Monday, December 31, 2018

Rightness: Be Correct or Right in What You Do Because It IS the Right Thing to Do = Be Like God

I think we have the wrong idea about the ideas of righteousness in the Bible. I read somewhere (I hope I can find it in my notes) that the Hebrew words translated 'righteous' and 'righteousness' really only mean right. As in everything God does is right, and we are supposed to be like that. That is, it is right simply because it is the fit, proper, and "right" thing to do.  As in: it is right to honor one's father; it is right to care about one's family and one's neighbors; it is right to believe God's promises and to trust in Him; it is right to hunger after being right like God. We are to do right, to think right thoughts, to act right like God does, because he is right.

So when I come to the words righteous and righteousness, I apply this thought of being and doing right - more of manifesting right-ness like God than having an attitude of righteousness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home