The Becoming God

Wednesday, January 10, 2018

The Magic Bullet and the Man Standing There

Prime mover in my baptism in the Holy Spirit was I came to the end of myself. I had exercised lordship over my life up to that point, and abdicated. Quit. Full-on quit. Because my lordship had been rebellion against God’s lordship, and for me the rebellion had to stop. The only way I could stop it was to stop, so that is just what I did: stopped, quit, abdicated, abandoned, surrendered, and cast self-control out of my self.

I could only do that because of the spiritual awareness I had learnt in occult meditation, which God had me led into by a deceiving spirit. It did not know it was doing God’s will. I certainly did not know, either. God prepared me to be able to un-myself so that in my un-doing He could inform me. Recreate me. Square one, let’s go from here fresh start me.

I found conscience, in conscience guilt, and in guilt submission. Full laid-down soul prostration draws hard on the lanyard as the sail fills with the wind. With the attitude of mind, you are suddenly tacking fifteen knots in a five-knot breeze:

“It is a condition of the moral law, that just as weakness and need are attracted to power, so is power attracted to weakness. So also the pity and compassion, which are ever the accompaniment of goodness, are called forth by that weakness and need. Hence, the uniform testimony of Scripture is to the effect that God regards with especial favour the poor and needy, the broken in spirit, and those who tremble at His word. BUT THERE IS NOTHING WHICH SO CALLS FORTH THE PITY AND SYMPATHY OF PERFECT GOODNESS TOWARDS NEED AND SUFFERING, AS TRUST AND DEPENDENCE ON THE PART OF THE SUFFERERS. It is the most powerful evidence of sympathy, and therefore bond of union between moral beings, and a bond which, when perfect, eternally unites the creature to the Creator. Hence, just as unbelief is the characteristic and evidence of man’s spiritual death or separation from God, so is faith the characteristic and evidence of eternal life and union with God” (Colonel J. Garnier, 1909, The Worship of the Dead; or, The origin and nature of pagan idolatry and its bearing upon the early history of Egypt and Babylonia, page 356; emphasis mine).

Trust and dependence, poor, needy, broken in spirit, contritely trembling at His word. Can you find that in yourself in your imagining? It is called faith, life, and union. It brings forth evidence. Evidence of the Man standing by inside us. He is the God we are, with Whom we have to do: the Wholly Not-other. Oneness.


PS: The above linked book is my second favorite among all the thousands of books I have read and/or referenced. It might actually be the single most significant book I ever stumbled upon. Check it out. Read the last chapter (17) on the moral aspect of paganism. I am really happy with my hardbound reprint from Kessinger Publishing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home