The Becoming God

Monday, June 27, 2016

When Was Jesus: What Jesus to Present?

I read most of Victor Alexander's synopsis of his Movie, The Story of Jesus (http://www.v-a.com/movies/the-story-of-jesus-treatment.html). It is the story of the Jesus supposedly born two-thousand years ago to the virgin Mary, but from the perspective of the ancient Aramaic scriptures. This is good, better than the traditional Western Christian view, but still leaves me sad. Victor had spoken of a Jesus who appears in this modern world -- what would he say and do? I had an inquiring mind.

That that is what we should say and do is kind of lost. Victor has a different Jesus than I do. He sees the very traditional timeline with Jesus prophesied in the future and an advent two thousand years ago, Jesus being crucified at the end of that supposed lifetime and risen in our justification.

Like Victor, I see Jesus Christ as the Manifestation, the Life-giving, Living Branch of God. But I see as his "crucifixion" his transcendence into this dimension to make it alive AT OR BEFORE THE BEGINNING OF THE UNIVERSE. This is a markedly different guy.

Moses is to me the germ of the Gospel resident in man. You might say he is the twelve disciples who are hunters for God in man's psyche. They are sensitive to his evidence in man's life: they are reaching for him as he is reaching for them. Moses saw jethro. "Hey, whassat?" he might have said to himself when a Godly thought bore fruit. Much like the sun overflows its surface and gives life to the earth, God is abounding toward us. Good things in mind become good things in experience. How does that happen?

The answer is Jesus Christ: Ahiyeh Ashur hiyeh (Exodus 3: 14). Christ who "crucified" himself from the overthrow of the world as life in it is the nature of God bringing his overflow into our experience as jethro. This is his (God's) manifestation.

This is the same Jesus who came and went and is coming again, except he happens in every individual born of woman. That is the Jesus I would like to see portrayed in film, the "I am here" Jesus we all discover when we are enlightened and converted -- the one who is knocking on the door of our STUPIDITY: "Hey, hi. Yeah, what are you about to do?"

"Uh, I was about to . . . you know, you're giving me doubts. Like maybe I shouldn't do it. Because you 're not supposed to be real."

"But you have had your doubts."

"Yeah. Like I have always believed that you really are here, like watching us, helping us, maybe even protecting us."

"I am."

"But you are in my brain. You're not some guy in heaven working by remote control or something. You are real and here, and not real. Not in that way, you know?"

"Sorry, the explanation got confused. I am supposed to be like this in the explanation, but guys can't read too well. They thought the explanation of my spirit was a report of physical history."

"You said you was gonna stop contending."

"But I need to tell you that when I said, "Ahiyeh Ashur hiyeh," intention, imagination, belief to get jethro, I was talking about me. These three are not a separate God out there somewhere; they are my nature in you."

"Oh. Okay. You know, I wish Alexander was presenting you instead of the history guy."

"Yeah, Me too."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home