The Becoming God

Monday, December 21, 2015

Imaginal is Not Imaginary; It is the Medium of Fact

In my post, "Oh, Prayer is MOVEMENT" (ref. http://imagicworldview.blogspot.com/2015/12/oh-prayer-is-movement-commentary-on.html), I stated that "this existence is really imaginal." Someone corrected me for using the term 'imaginal' where the word 'imaginary' would do. But the word 'imaginary' will not do, because it means something totally different! 'Imaginary' carries the inescapable connotation of something being not real -- imagined with no corollary in fact. 'Imaginal,' on the other hand, is the medium of fact. According to Neville Goddard, that which is imagined as a fact-of-being, i.e., imaginally, and is persistently assumed to be real, will eventually "harden into fact."

And that is exactly the case: our facts are "hardened" imagination: existence is imaginal.

That which is imagined by God has the power to become (what we call) particulate. God imagines being and believes it, and whatever he thinks that he is, he becomes what he thinks. This is the meaning, I believe, of the book of Genesis: Adam (the intelligence of God) has the rib (the creative power) to Eve (give birth to living existence) -- Cain (acquisition) and Abel (transitoriness).

Imagination itself hardens into fact. The odd thing is that it is not the physical aspect that is the form, but the imagined EXPERIENCE. The physical simply facilitates the fulfillment of the imaginal. Because particulate matter is God's intelligence become what he imagines it to be, it moves as he thinks. It all seems so natural, except when he thinks your sick body is healed and it moves all at once to your body being healthy. He imagined my shorter arm being the same length as my longer arm, and I WATCHED my shorter arm grow out about a half inch to match my was-longer arm. Just because Charles Hunter asked for me (along with dozens of others in that particular meeting) to have that experience.

Is this experience transitory? This whole life is. Our reality of "fact" is, in fact, not imaginary but imaginal.

5 Comments:

  • Hey, I love your blog I read it regularly. I've always wanted to know because I haven't really seen you talk about your experiences (maybe I've missed it?) with Neville's method(s). Have you been able to personally manifest a lot?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:13 AM  

  • Dear Anonymous,

    Thank you for your comment, and thank you for reading. "Have you personally been able to manifest a lot with Neville's methods?" is the main question I am asked, and it is a very valid one. I seem to be going a different direction than my readers, who are mainly interested in manifesting. I am not. I consider myself a so-called "seeker," a person who has experienced some sort of spiritual enlightenment and is trying to figure out what it is that is really going on. As a Biblical theologian I agree with Neville's view of God and hope readers will catch his vision not of manifesting but of God. I see how my life is a manifestation of my thought, but that is not necessarily from Neville's techniques as much as it is the course of all of our lives. See Gregg Braden's discourse on the Essene Mirrors of our lives (what we see outside of ourselves is a mirror of the inside of our lives). As for conscious creation, I agree with it strictly because it is what the Bible says, but I am nonplussed by people's interest in manifesting -- because they want "a lot" -- rather than God. Maybe it is because I am spoiled -- I do not need anything (because faith in God works just fine), but mainly it is because I find God himself so much more interesting than anything of this world. It is not that I do not use the techniques, I do, but I use them to tweak my circumstances, not to enrich myself. But stay tuned: my circumstance has changed with my retirement, and I may have to get serious about some MAJOR tweaking coming up! Are you familiar with Neale Donald Walsch's "Conversations With God"? I have not read them, but what I heard of them (and the interviews I have seen with him) suggest to me that he is as nonplussed as I am with people's interest in manifestation rather than in God. Frankly, I just do not get it. We are talking about the ineffable, infinite, eternal, almighty Source of everything proved by manifesting, and focusing on the manifesting of crap. I just do not get it.

    By Blogger Daniel C. Branham-Steele, at 4:50 AM  

  • Have you ever read anything by Ibn Arabi? I thought I'd share these two books with you...what you write about the word 'imaginal' reminded me of the great Henry Corbin...anyway food for thought, hope you enjoy. With love❤

    https://archive.org/stream/mundus_imaginalis_201512/mundus_imaginalis_djvu.txt

    https://archive.org/details/AloneWithTheAlone

    By Anonymous Hala, at 4:18 AM  

  • I forgot to send you this link - another great read also about the imaginal World (alam al-mithal) http://www.henrybayman.com/superheroes-and-sufism/
    With love❤


    By Anonymous Hala, at 12:23 PM  

  • Thank you, Hala. The Sufis by Idries Shah and The Teachers of Gurdjieff were instrumental in forming my perspective back in the 1970's. It is because we can speculate on what must be because of what is that we do not all get locked up in doctrines and dogma.

    By Blogger Daniel C. Branham-Steele, at 5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home