The Becoming God

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Conversations with Ed, a Former 2x2er, About Neville Goddard, Visions and Freedom: Part 5

Hi, Dan.  

I really appreciate your emails, thank you. So your from the west of the states? I lived in Vancouver for a year, loved it but was homesick for good old Northern Ireland!

In my old cult,(of which most of my family and friends still reside) they talk about the homeless ministry and how Jesus told them to go out 2x2 and have fellowship in houses of the group. How do you think about that one in terms of extracting a meaning from it? Do you believe we can by the daily exercising of imagination create the life of our dreams? Does wealth, happiness come from within, I believe it does!

Where did you learn about all the names in bible and what they signify, I have taught myself some-is there a book that explains in a parallel way the bible, chapter for chapter? I as I have said before have a great interest in these things, I believe I touched something in meditation when that vision came, the manner in which I saw it go was it just chrystalised away. Anyway thank you again, nice to have correspondence with someone who understands.

Ed


Ed,

You are welcome. My mother was Irish. I believe the Edwards and/or Nelsons hailed from Belcastle (or Ballycastle?), a town that
was so small the town square was a triangle. It had no real castle. When I mentioned colors, I was going to joke, My Irish mother painted her room green--guess which shade of green. Answer: Forest Green, of course. My aunt visited the place, but I cannot find any trace of it online anymore.

I do not have a clue as to a metaphysical meaning for sending the disciples out two by two. I'll let you know if something comes to me. Okay, here is something that comes to me: The question for me would be: What did Mark mean by it? If Jesus is our inner man, the imagination (which is God), and the "disciples" are components of Him in us, going out to testify two-by-two (which is the Biblical standard for substantiation of irrefutable testimony and witness), then these pairs are our internal evidence that Christ in us IS God: "I know that I KNOW." Hey, you know, that was fun, and I learned from it. Thanks for the question.

Our daily exercise of imagination (or lack of it) does create our lives. Always has. But trying to control our lives by imagination is witchcraft, rebellion. Do not forget the element of submission. You have heard the admonition, "Let go, and let God." We make our petitions known by imagining--that is cool--but then it is up to the Lord as to how and when and what is right and loving, etc. Our lives are to be ministries, works of mutual benefit for ourselves and others. We can work diligently to bless others, imagine well for others--healing, blessing, prosperity, health, jobs, business--we can be blessing machines. Aim for a lot of "mutual benefit." The war is the Lord's, and he makes the way. Pray, and hang on with confidence. It is with that confidence we act.

I use Strong's Exhaustive Concordance and its Dictionary of Hebrew and Chaldee a LOT. I run down the words' make-up as far as I can and then consider the context it is found in, and then I stretch my imagination's senses to fathom what revelation of God the author was trying convey to himself. That is, what was he trying to capture? Like I wondered what Mark was writing about, above: God/Christ is substantiated within, and this substantiation casts out the demons of doubt that weakened our faith. (Remember, there is no one there in scripture but you.)

I only know a few of the names' meanings. Neville had and sometimes used the Metaphysical Bible Dictionary from Unity, a metaphysical leaning Church. He emphasized the importance and utility of Strong's, did not praise the Metaphysical Bible Dictionary too highly. Said it was really not necessary. I got it used, anyway. Have used it twice to get some perspective. But the BIG thing is Neville and Joseph studied Kabbalah under Abdullah for seven years, and went on to read hundreds and hundreds of books about the Bible. Kabbalah is about our relationship with God and what he is/we are. When you read the Bible from this point of view, the secular "literal-historical" framework of the Bible makes sense to convey packets of information to us.

I asked Victor Alexander if he could translate more of the names or recommend a dictionary for that purpose. He said the meanings of the names would be a life-time study for any one man, even a native Aramaic speaker like himself, and you had better start early. A better bet, Ed, would be to wrestle with just the text the Lord gives you. I really only have a few things on my plate at any one time. I keep half-sheets of paper folded in my pocket and a pen at all times (curse you, shower!) to take notes on whatever flashes of insight come. Then I verify them with the Bible and dictionaries and Neville's lectures and other books in my library, and stuff online.


I am interested in your vision. Could you tell me more? Can you? What was the action of the "crystallizing away?" Who were they to your impression? What did it mean to you? What MIGHT it have meant to you?

Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home