The Becoming God

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Conversations with Ed, a Former 2x2er, About Neville Goddard, Visions and Freedom: Part 1

This introductory e-mail isn't very exciting, but they get more interesting. Try Part 6, for instance.

The William Irvine initiated movement known as the Two-by-Two Religion is a very controlling, fundamentalist Christian cult. See http://www.religioustolerance.org/chr_2x2.htm. A young man named Ed discovered Neville Goddard and the other way of reading the Bible, and has left the fundamentalist fold. He has asked me some questions: 

Hi Dan, 

I hope I have found someone to talk over my experiences with. I was brought up in a weird religion and was very much into it and believed it, yet I believed there was something else happening at same time. I always questioned and had a desire to know what was true. I have had a few experiences that have left me in no doubt. Would love to chat if that is possible, let me know if a chat could be arranged. 



 

Hello, Edward. 

I would love to discuss your views, but I would rather correspond through e-mail, if you wouldn't mind. I am twice your age, and while I might have learned something I can share with you, I usually remember it AFTER the chat. I am much more comfortable writing--composing, if you would.
 
All religions are weird, but perhaps for the moment they are necessary for what they do accomplish: the flag to us that God is there. After a while of questioning and desiring the truth, we learn that God is not "there" in the religion but here in our hearts. Which weird religion were you brought up in?

By the way, e-mail being what it is, please be patient if it sometimes takes a long while for a reply. Neither of us live with a browser open in front of us all the time. I just happened to check tonight. That religion, again?

Dan Steele

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home