The Becoming God

Wednesday, June 24, 2015

Conversations with Ed, a Former 2x2er, About Neville Goddard, Visions and Freedom: Part 2

Hi Dan,

My religion was a sect who say they have no name, but people call them the 2x2 religion! You can look them up online, very tightly controlled! 

I have had a vision off a baby wrapped in white swaddling clothes and this happened when I was awake and closed my eyes, lasted for a few seconds and then just disappeared from sight, years ago I remember driving along early in morning going to work and an voice inside me quoted "the truth will set you free." I think when you are searching for truth of who you are you will find it, and it is within. 

I think we, as Neville says, come of age and through a series of events come to realize who we are. One thing I notice is I have lost my fear of death and afterlife. I always was taught you had to be worthy by living in a certain way with rules and regulations, but it only kept you captive.

I now feel free but sometimes lonely in that people don't understand what I now know to be true. I have people telling me that they feel sorry for me that I left the religion and that they wouldn't want to be in my shoes when I died!!! Do you believe imagination creates reality? Thank you for your email.

Ed




Ed,

I smiled a bit when I read, "but sometimes lonely in that people don't understand what I now know to be true." I am sorry, but that is the reality we have to face. I see the truth as clear as day, yet am shunned by some Christians. You have to understand, the truth is heretical to them. Neville pointed out that Jesus said it would be so, and it is. Read John 15 from about verse 25 to John 16: 3. It is because they do not know the Father, because they do not know what they read.

They are, as we did also, reading the scriptures as history. But we know the scriptures are deep. Is it logical that after many years of learning the deeper things of God that the scriptures would still be read as they were the first day we were saved?

Do I believe that imagination creates reality? I will give you an example: you have been feeling lonely and wondering about these things in your imagination recently. The other day I felt compelled to drive to my old workplace to turn in some old coveralls that belong to a vendor. I listened to Neville's "Call Upon Self" on my mp3 player on the way there. It started on my mp3 player at 32 minutes into the lecture. Neville was quoting Revelations 19: 13, " And he was clothed in a garmen dipped in blood: and his name is called the Word of God."

My mind flashed: blood is reality of the life of God; dipped is baptism;  garment is the physical body; name is nature. Translation: God in OUR bodies experience HIS reality and OUR nature becomes HIS word to this world. And they hate us for it.

I thought that was pretty cool, and I looked it up to write about on my blog tonight (but I got sidetracked by other matters). Trying to understand what Neville was saying again, I read verse 12, and this is where you come in: "His eyes as a flame of fire, and on his head many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself." Again, 'name' means nature. He had a nature written that no man knew. It is written, we read it, but we don't understand it. But he in us knows. His eyes are pure and understand, but in us--many crowns--as OUR ignoranced consciousness, no man knows the truth . . . until this consciousness is baptized in his reality and its nature is changed to become the word of God.

They, like we, read and do not understand. Did not understand. It would be pretty stupid if no man ever came to understand. Some of us do, eventually every one will. Neville said to leave them alone.

The Bible has a real cool example of a man coming to understand. This was way before the Gospels were written. The guy had heard about Jesus and thought he was a man who had lived near him recently. He thought that Jesus was full of crap at first, but reading the Bible as history he was finally converted to believing that Jesus had come and that the Bible (Old Testament only) was true, and that Jesus would be coming in the clouds again to judge the world. Yikes! He felt he had to warn everybody, and did so intensely. In this frame of mind he wrote the books of Thessalonians.

Hmmm. Jesus ought to be back by now. 1914? No. Oh! he realized, it happens IN us. Constantly. One by one. It is all psychological, conversion in the hearth, judgment in the heart, regeneration in the mind and spirit. "Do you not know that Christ -- the power of God and the wisdom of God -- is in you?" he asked. He is not coming from outside of us, but from inside of us. He amps up our understanding.

I had just discovered "he had a name written, that no man knew," when I got your e-mail. Your imagination knew, days ago.

Dan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home