The Becoming God

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Letters to Stephen, 2: The Biggest Error in Christianity, Judaism and Islam.

Stephen 2,

How can we call upon a God of Whom we do not know? Well, by his grace in listening to us in our error. God knows that we do not know him, and he is working on fixing that. He had a plan when he created us: lead us to getting our heads conditioned so that he can reveal himself to us, so that we can know him and worship him aright. There isn’t any of us he isn’t playing soccer with, with us being the ball. He made us subject to this futility for his purposes, and if we feel kicked around by afflictions in life, it is only to the goal of knowing him and his salvation. BUT THAT ISN’T WHAT WE THINK IT IS.

Our ignorance at birth is more profound than we think it is. From birth we develop a world view that influences all that we perceive. What we perceive has to mesh or reconcile with our world view, or our world view has to adjust to what we perceive. At one time I knew about God and Jesus Christ, enough to worship and pray and join the Methodist Church, but I didn’t really know God or Jesus Christ. Faith was a feel-good thing. I could, and eventually did, rationalize religious faith away as "spiritual realities used by unspiritual men to control the superstitious."

Then I met a demon. “Oh. The Bible is right after all. It has the right world view behind it, and I am going the wrong way.” That was March, 1975.

Still, the ignorance we are born with a birth is most profound. While my world view adjusted to the "Christian" world view, I DID NOT KNOW THAT IT WAS NOT THE BIBLICAL WORLD VIEW, because, while in my mind I was reading the Bible correctly, I was not reading it according to the Bible’s authors intent. I could understand what they said, but not what they meant, because we had different world views. They knew the True God of the Bible, and I COULD NOT. I, in my ignorance, just thought I did.

I mentioned that The Companion Bible’s reveals changes made to the ancient text. I really got into Bible correction and corrected my Bibles as much as I could. Whoa. I should mention also The Worship of the Dead by Col. John Garnier, The Origin of Pagan Idolatries by George Stanley Farber, God is a Verb by Rabbi David A. Cooper, and Jewish Meditation by Aryeh Kaplan. Those titles and a whole lot of similar books have influenced me. The Jesus Mysteries and Jesus and the Lost Goddess by Gandy and Freke are admittedly Pagan, but have a wealth of information and documentation, and their conclusion is priceless: the lost "Goddess" of the Bible is the Oneness of God.

Searching through a used book store one day I came upon a book called Resurrection by Neville Goddard. He put together what I had been discovering through my own studies. I remembered the visions I had when I was baptized in the Holy Spirit. I had seen a man made from mud and then brought to life, and then I was the man. As the man I had thought that I was separate from God and had lived my life as I saw fit, which in God's eyes was rebellion as witchcraft. Seeing that God had given me the life that animated me, I repentedhence the baptism. Then it struck me: I was the life that God gave to animate me. His spirit, his consciousness which I was when I saw the mud-man made. I had thought what the mud man must see and think when he is made alive "tabla rasa," and imagining that, I WAS THE MAN.

I thus discovered the "flip" I myself had gone through to become me. I was God's consciousness, and hey, then I still am! I have just been dumbed-down to the ignorance of this man I have become. When this body dies, I leave. "I," my consciousness and awareness of being, continue eternally. I, like you, Steven, am God. THAT is what the Bible is about. The Oneness of God which includes us on the God side.

That is the perspective of the Bible's authors. They wrote the Bible as a success manual for the Oneness of God. It started as well as we can tell with Moses meditating on the abundance of God. "His jutting-over-the-brim abundance" in Hebrew is 'Jethro.' Think Tree of Life. Moses was meditating on God's abundance, and God appears to him as a glorious brilliance to impart His Wisdom: in Hebrew, 'Nachash'—a shining serpent.

Yeah. The Genesis account is a generalized version of God's revelation in Moses' meditation. No wonder the Devil didn't lie to Eve, It was Jesus Christ. There was no Devil except Moses'/Adam's own ignorance of his Oneness with God. That is why he was running around naked and unashamed—man's human wantonness in his ignorance.

Long before the Gospels were written, Paul was preaching Jesus Christ as a man "after the flesh." Because when we hear about God, even after the baptism in the Holy Spirit, we picture it all according to our established world view. After time and education and revelation, we picture it according to the Biblical world view: Christ IN us, the hope of glory: "I know him after the flesh no more."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home