The Becoming God

Thursday, May 29, 2014

Healing in the Second Half: The Curse of Religion: man's false perception of difference and separation from the Unmoved God

The theology of Moses is that God is ONE unit of myriad awarenesses-of-being (Heb., e'had), which are the resultant action of movement by a greater ONE, an ineffable all-inclusive unit which exists above movement and every other imaginable thing. And that ONE includes us!

Moses saw that we, God's awarenesses-of-being, the e'had, give life to our bodies. We are the living spirit of God, the conscious power the Ineffable "breathed." "Breathed" means spoken, the Ineffable's movement of imagining, so we are each God-spoken dreams of man, the living Word of God.

Dreams are imagination and, dream or not, the intents of the ONE become manifest facilitated by the corporal aspects of the universe. The "meat" of life is not its physical manifestation but the spirit experience that rides the physical. The physical simply facilitates. We are on a ride. I hope you are having fun. 

The unmoved, ineffable Source, its imaging and resultant, reflective action, the e'had and all its concomitant manifesting ARE ONE INTEGRAL UNIT, UNSEPARATED AND UNDIVIDED, INFINITE AND ETERNAL.

Ironically, Moses' non-dual theology of ONE extending from ONE without division has since become a dualistic religion of TWO: God and his creation, separate, divided and sometimes estranged. Religion's perspective is that there is difference between ourselves and God: he is "other." "We are here, and we are this; God is there, and He is that."

Moses, though, saw this seeming difference only as man's temporary ignorance, an episode of amnesia resultant from awareness's transcendence to unawareness, a lull in development to be surpassed by subsequent learning and enlightenment. Moses saw man on a perpetual upward swing, subject to futility only for the purpose of the progress and development of unawareness to awareness which should be accomplished, the generation of the completed Man. This Completed Man being generated is key. He is the his in "his coming," in anglicized Hebrew, YHWH. 


Instead of equipping man for this work of generation, though, religion inculcates man's sense of estrangement from God and confuses the purpose of futility as sin. Religion obfuscates the path of progress with a world of fantasy and falsehood.

This honestly breaks my heart. One can sense the desperation and turmoil within the victims of religion. They cry out frightened, hurting and alone, though they know God is real, know God is there, believe the Bible with all their hearts and trust that God can see them and hear them. They pray in every name of God they can think of searching for an acceptable formula: “Why doesn't he do something?” Religion only affords them confusion and anguish,
because in their perception God is distant.

Well, at least they have the futility part down pat. How many millions, billions of people have wished, hoped and prayed in utter desperation and exasperation to a God who is not out in the separate "there” of their fantasized Heaven? They cannot recognize with their dualistic reckoning that they within themselves are the God they are praying to; that they not only have a live-wire connection to God, they are the live-wire connection to God. How sad to be the wire that runs no distance inside to the Power and not know it, looking instead outside for a connection that is not there.
The purpose of futility is to get us to look in the right place. 


It is time to turn inside with confidence, to realize that God is always, ever here as our being. There is no distance to "him," for there can never be: separation is an impossibility to what something is.

"O come, Holy Spirit; O come, Jesus Christ; O come help me, Lord God Almighty."
"Eh? Come? Come from where to where?"
"O come from Heaven where you are to earth where I am and heal me." 
"Dude, I can't go anywhere. I AM everywhere. I simply become. I have become everything, everywhere. All I can do is pot up the holy spirit in you, your awareness of MY BEING YOU AND YOUR BEING ME--that you, inside, are YHWH Elohim, the Son of God AND the Son of Man."
"Oh, no. Pastor says that is Satanism, the lie of the Devil and the Great Deception. To believe what you say would be falling away from the faith. I would be apostate, anathema, cursed. The last thing Pastor would want would be for me to believe what God says.

"Wait. Did I just say . . . ?
"Well, anyway, I can't just worship myself as God and pray to me as Jesus Christ."
"No, don't. We are being, the Ineffable's ACTIONYHWH (Jehovah, LORD) means HIS becoming; it is a third-person, singular VERB; not you or I, exactly. Because we are the Power and the Wisdom of the Ineffable, we are the Ineffable, but worshiping ourselves would be like worshiping the Ba'als and Ashtaroth, the elements of the King instead of the King himself. Don't do that."
"So, there is another?"
"Yesno. Get the drift of "emanations of." Worship Him of whom we emanations are, the ONE WHO EXISTED BEFORE HIS MOVEMENT: The Pre-Emanate. That is not done by looking outward."
"It almost sounds like we should look within ourselves, like meditation or something, but we are not allowed to do that because that is Hindu devil worship."
"(Sigh.) Well, you are up on your religions, aren't you? Maybe God could make meditation clean with his holy presence and it will be okay for us to do within the bounds of worshiping him, of praying. Then, within ourselves, we could go into his presence and prostrate ourselves before him with all the rejoicing and humility and adoration that his presence calls for."
"Yeah. I think I'd like to try that. And, um, remember how I was asking God to come down from heaven to heal me? If he is here as me, not distant and separate, how do I get his touch to be healed?"

-------------------



Here I have to go out on a speculative limb:Could it be that we have to become not ourselves? I have been healed a number of times and am trying to pull together their common, scriptural elements with this philosophy. When at the Melodyland Christian Center's Charismatic Clinic Charles Hunter prayed for people's limbs to grow to the right length, I was ready for my shorter arm to grow. I expected it. I had the frame of mind that my shorter left arm was going to become the same length as my right. Mentally, I became not myself; my mind was already touching what I was going to be. That assumption is called faith. The same process goes for my back and my neck: each time, I expected their healing--I was already "there" in my mind, and those particular healings were instantaneous.

When penniless Neville expressed his desire to go to Barbados, his teacher, Abdullah, said, "You are in Barbados." Neville was confused because he was not in Barbados, but for Abdullah, he was. Neville learned to become not himself in New York, but Neville in Barbados. "I was physically in New York, but I slept in my bed in my family's home on Barbados, with New York two-thousand miles to the northwest." He became not himself, but the man sleeping two-thousand miles away. In his lectures and books Neville shared many such experiences--of him and others becoming not themselves, but imagining they were who they wanted to be.

"Whatever you pray and ask for, believe that you will receive" (Mark 11: 14, Alexander). Touch the person who is coming. Jesus was saying to become not yourself, who does not have, but the person who has. When God in Moses said, "I come by the Creative Light HIS coming," isn't that what he meant?

HIS coming. His who? The coming Complete Man, the goal of the plan set in Genesis, "Let us make man in our image." Each miracle is a step towards him. Perhaps our being touched by God is our touching the experience of the coming man.

Some of us call care to call it faith. It wouldn't hurt to try it, would it? What would it be like to be the one who has? Let his (or her) feeling seep into your bones. Sleep there, and see what happens.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home