The Becoming God

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

The Philippine Man Ahead of Me

Two weeks after I was "saved" as a Christian in Honolulu, I was standing in a queue. The young Philippine man in front of me was reading his pocket New Testament, using his time to study the Bible.

I really hadn't been reading much at all in that two weeks, and I thought to myself, "This guy is two weeks ahead of me. If I start today, and he continues, he will always be two weeks ahead of me. If he and I study the Bible for the next ten years, he will still know two weeks more than me."

I never saw the guy again, and I do not know if he continued his studies or if he is alive or dead, but it still eats at me: I lost two weeks that I could have studied in. There is no make-up for lost time. When my knowledge is needed to save the day in the future, I may be two weeks short of knowing what I need to know.

Get what you can while you can, for it is all that you get to take with you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home