The Becoming God

Friday, January 03, 2014

The Lord's Prayer is a statement of faith in God's standing orders.

The Lord’s Prayer (Matthew 6:9-12; Luke 11:1-3) isn't about getting; it is about sailing
 
The "prayer" is our recognition of God’s three standing orders: that his nature must be being hallowed; his kingdom must be being restored; and that his will must be being done.
 
Because God knows our necessities, and we know these standing orders, we have faith to be his ministers. The "prayer" is a request for that ministry.

FYI: the life we have is God’s life. We are animated by God, and, up until the time of our repentance, we had done whatever we pleased with his life. This was our rebellion of self-lordship, during which we robbed God of the purpose for which he had make us.
The Lord's Prayer is a request for purpose. We ask God for his desire: “This is your life. You animated me with your life for your purpose. For whatever reason you made me, that I shall do.” After which we shut up and wait for his leadings.
We daily surrender ourselves to the fulfillment of God's ministry: "As in heaven, so also on earth!” We exist for God's purpose, the reason for which he made us.
“To do your will is my bread, O LORD.” Our “bread” is what we are supposed to be doing. “Give me whatever desire you purpose for the eternal life you have given me." (Interestingly, Chuck Misler's suggested translation of Proverbs 30: 1 is, "The Mighty Man said, 'God is with me; God arrives with me to be consumed.'")

God calls us to the service of our fellow man AS HIM, for God loves every one with love beyond our comprehension. "I can hardly wait to do as much as I can for him, and I shall do it through you.”

The Lord's Prayer according to Fenton's translation of the original Greek text asks God to let us in on the project. The life God has given us is one with us now--we two have become one flesh, and his life is the power to create, for it is HIS spirit. (Of all oddness, his life is our consciousness with the power of Mind and Speech--Deity within us, yet inasmuch as it has become us, it is us, the recipient of itself [I hope you can follow all those flips.] The upshot is that all this is his dream and is subject to his manifestation.)

God's life in us creates by imagining--serious, vivid, prayerful 3-D imagining. “Delight thyself in the LORD; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart. Commit thy way unto the LORD; trust also in him; and He shall bring it to pass” (Psalm 37: 4-5). God gives us his desires, his rightness to dream on, then brings the rightness we dream into reality "naturally" (what we dream today, we pursue with expectation tomorrow, for we have God's standing orders!).

The Lord’s Prayer is the weighing of our anchors, the release of our burdens in reliance on God's orders. It says, “Okay, that is enough of me and my affairs, of my selfishness, anger, fear and rebellion. You are God. You animated me today for your purpose, and I failed you. I am sorry about that, but let's give it another go! What do you want for tomorrow? I am ready to sail, because I delight to do your will, O LORD*."

*The LORD=YHWH, Jesus, the ineffable Most High God who is within us, as us. He is not separate or another being; he's just a bit clearer on the connection.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home