The Becoming God

Tuesday, August 23, 2022

Response to a Comment: If You Believe It...What DO You Believe? And What Do You, Believing, DO?

I received a much appreciated comment from Anonymous 11:36 on my post, Two Errors From Elohim: No Little Gods, No Separate God.

Hi Daniel. Thank you for your witness to all of this. On the far end of a spectrum, there are the ultra-religious, letter-of-the-law-only Pharisees. On the other end, there are necromancers.

You transcend this spectrum. I would like to know why you do not have a greater angle on manifestation. Manifestation as in manifesting desirable physical, material things.

Since you know you are God, the operant power, does it not tempt you to manifest things like the LOA community does? (I hope this doesn't make me the serpent in Eden!)

I don't mean to say why don't you be more like LOA gurus and coaches. We have more than enough of them.

I mean, how come you don't seem to write about your "power"? Being God does mean creation in your life right?

How come you seem to write only about the theological matters only?

I don't doubt you, by the way. On the contrary, actually. You are one of few voices I can trust on Godly matters. But it is PRECISELY because of my respect for your discoveries, worldview, etc., that I sort of wish to see your powers on display. (To some small extent, at least.)

I couldn't trust the gurus out there, but you're the one who can be trusted.

Thank you.
____________________________________________

Thank you, Anonymous, for your kind words, trust, and perception. I think about the things you mention almost continuously. They are part of my contemplation. My response is a litany of thoughts, which  may seem scattered and disjointed, but they are one (this will not be one of my prettier compositions). I hope everyone reading has the education and acuity to sew the ideas together.

I deal primarily with theological matters because - ta da! - I am a theologian. In my mind, anyway. My three and a half years at Melodyland School of Theology taught me how to READ, which is a form of mental wrestling. Now I am working on understanding. I am interested in philosophy, not the material. Heck, I am going to die in relatively few years (I am 73)—what good is stuff going to do me then? Only this tiny bit of understanding (developed imagination!) is going with me. Again, only what we have become goes with us, and hopefully, love is what it does.

Why no boasts or displays of Power? Didn't Neville do enough of that? I am not interested in getting, but becoming. Get this: it is not that we are God, it is that God is us. HE is manifesting Himself. That is what we are--Himself! John 8:24b in Alexander is interesting: “Unless you believe that I am I, you shall die in your sins.” Strike the shall. The “I” is the Divine Imagination, YHWH, the Becoming One. That is what and who we are. Now catch the interesting twist: we are the Divine Imagination because It/He has become us. It is directional. It is imagining us as spirits imagining ourselves as people imagining in order to become Him. It is a generation process; HIS generation process. I trust His management of His own program. What I have pursued of my own desires (not Neville technique) have turned out to be the worst mistakes of my life. I recognize that the undercurrent of what God has done in my life has become all the good stuff I am now living on. I think it is just better if I just keep my nose out of it, except to think the world is good as I believe Siti does. (Siti?)

I suffer from (or am blessed with) Saint Antony Syndrome: I do not want anything. I believe it was The Paradise of the Desert Fathers that mentioned Antony had just two possessions, a sheepskin to sleep on, and a sheepskin to sleep under. It told the story, too, of when Antony came to the cataracts of the Nile and wanted to cross over, but couldn’t. Suddenly, he was on the other side, to continue his journey praising God. While he was sleeping in a cell in Egypt, Antony’s disciples could not stand the demons’ howls and loud cries coming from his cell. Entering, they found Antony sound asleep. “How could you sleep with all that noise?” they asked. “The louder they cry, the sounder I sleep,” he replied. Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe it was also Antony who, awakening from sleep to find Satan himself manifest in his cell, said, “Oh, it’s you,” rolled over, and went back to sleep. Antony had learned that JESUS IS ALWAYS HERE.

Which brings up evidence. Manifestation is on automatic. It cannot not work. It is God in process. This world is God’s picture, His image. We are His present state. I am lousy at controlling my thoughts, but what I do believe I do see manifesting. That is not necessarily a good thing for me, but I do see the principle working. It is like call-and-response. We are the operant power only in that God is us. As I see it, our part is not manifestation, but focus. God in His own development must struggle with focus and self-control, as we do. We see, and He manifests. It is continuous cooperation—good sight, good becoming. 'Sposed to be, anyway. Our example is Job, the oldest story in the Bible. “Do you see Job, Satan? That is what it is all about.” He was Saint Job. Job watched to do any righteous, good thing he could. “Yeah, he gets it, but…” Satan is God’s struggle to focus in assumption. We are His display. God must have (or had) in Him that which resists His clarity of assumption. A dark side, but He has worked it out. For me, to hell with stuff—I want to overcome (!) that resistance as it manifests in me. I am only saying I know that it is.

I am not saying to not want, desire, or pray to manifest anything. I am not against it, I am just not much interested in getting things (I have had to clear out too many estates) or magic. What is it we are to love with all our heart, mind, soul, and strength? The Mercedes and the pool? When are we to love the earth so? Never. Do I pray for my family's success and health? Of course. Do I do it well? Aye, there's the rub: I have got to learn to do it with better FOCUS. For which I previously posted on how T. L. Osborn prayed.

So, you might think that with all my interest in becoming I am great at meditating and prayer. Sorry to disappoint. I am a lot better at reading and dealing with paradox. I do not have time and/or place for meditation, and am unequally yoked. I can see how the Bible is true, but mystics are not much welcomed in the church. Our perspective is too challenging, and limited because it is constantly expanding (I might have a whole new understanding of the Bible or a new perspective on "reality" tomorrow). I read and contemplate and listen to what God shows me. I try to hold to what is true, and not practice voodoo. There is a Guy who knows what I need, an ancient, very powerful consius I am never apart from. This is His gig. Like Alfred E. Neuman, I say, "What? Me worry?"

1 Comments:

  • Hello Daniel,

    Thank you very much for your meaty answer. It is appreciated. Like Siti, I have had to let it marinate. It is flavourful, it is chunky; it is a little difficult to understand the whole of it, hence it took me a while to pen this reply.

    You did answer my point of my comment which was about my wondering why you did not seem to share anything about manifestation of material things. I write in my own words about what I have learnt from your comment:

    It is not that you do not have the power to manifest. You do, but what it the point of much material things? (Cue in the famous verse about gaining the whole world.) Manifestation is constant, manifestation is everything on earth. Nothing cannot be, cannot exist, cannot be created, cannot appear outside of manifestation. This includes all the "bad things", all the results of not focusing enough in assumption (missing the mark? sin?).

    You wrote also about what we are supposed to love with all our heart, mind, soul, and strength. And then there is age.

    You have led me to think along certain as regards to manifestation. So thank you for your comment, which as food enough for my thoughts for a long time!

    I am wrestling with this conflict now, and would like to know what you think:

    In your comment, you wrote about pursuing your own desires versus the undercurrents of what God has done in your life. This is the conflict I have in my heart. Most religions, spirituality touch on this issue. Basically, God's will or my will?

    I think the overwhelming answer is that a man should bow to God's will. As knowers of the Bible, we know all the verses regarding this. But this is what I am finding conflicting, Daniel! Most if not all religions will teach their followers to abstain from lusts, to be careful of the carnal mind, and to obey "God's will". When I found Neville, it was as if I found true freedom. I found the opposite of what religion taught.

    Do you see my frustration? I am torn between God and man. I look back in my life, and I, too, see the undercurrents of God's work in me that lead to great moments. I know what it feels like to be doing the will of some higher power, and experiencing serendipities and even material blessings.

    But how do I square God's will with "I AM that I AM"? What is the point of imagination, and feeling from the end, feeling from the state of the wish fulfilled? What is the point if I am to simply meditate early in the day, align with God, and then to take the day as it comes, with the assumption that I have attained "God state", hence whatever comes my way is God's way?

    My current knowledge leaves me in this dichotomy. I thought I was free when I first discovered Neville, but as I progress further, I find myself chained and shackled in the same dichotomy that was in religion!

    I note the portion of your comment about how it is God becoming us rather than that we became God. The direction. Yes. So does this mean it is about laying down the flesh, and seeking and doing God's will? In which case, on a day-to-day, we human beings are supposed to rely on things like prayer, meditation, reading, etc to know how to life? It sounds an awful lot like old religion to me, but is this just all there is to it as far as the day-to-day goes?

    I thought I was free,
    but now I find myself
    in the same dichotomy.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home