The Becoming God

Sunday, July 31, 2022

T. L. Osborn's "This Is How I Pray"

From Legacy of Faith Collection: T. L. Osborn, Pioneer of Mass Miracle Evangelism (2011, Osborn Ministries International, Tulsa: Harrison House Publishers), Chapter 18, "Victorious Prayer," This Is How I Pray, pages 300-301 of 351:

1. This is how I pray. On my knees, I worship the Lord and I commune with Him. I meditate on His Word and on His ideas. Then I attune my spirit and my emotions to His Holy Spirit for action in His will. I align my plans with His.

2. This is how I pray. I adapt my perception of people to what His redemption has made possible for each individual. I absorb His love so that I can witness for Him effectively. I thank Him for His gifts and for entrusting me as His interpreter.

3. This is how I pray. I correlate my spirit with His attitude toward people. I reform my notions to harmonize with His Word. I assimilate His faith, hope, and love expressed in the Scriptures. I ponder His dreams to be enacted through me. I contemplate how much He needs me and believes in me as His associate in reaching people.

4. This is how I pray. I pour out my plans and my concepts before Him, then I listen for the response of His Word and of His Spirit. I conform my agenda to His guidance so that I can always be involved in fulfilling His will.

5. This is how I pray. I drink from His Spirit. I am inspired by His vision. His love and compassion infuse me so that He can speak effectively through my lips, touch with my hands, walk in my feet, embrace with my arms, hear with my ears, and see with my eyes. He said, “I will dwell in you, and walk in you.…I will be a Father to you, and you will be my child” (2 Corinthians 6:16,18 paraphrase mine).

6. This is how I pray. I rejoice in the presence and power of Christ alive in me. I re-commit myself as His witness, knowing that He always causes us to triumph (2 Corinthians 2:14). This is the way I wrestle against principalities and spiritual wickedness in high places. This is how I fight the good fight of faith. This is the way I prepare myself to persuade people about Christ, as the apostle Paul did (Acts 13:43; 18:4,13; 19:8; 28:23; 2 Corinthians 5:11).

7. This is how I pray. I thank the Lord Jesus for fighting my battles and for winning the spiritual war on my behalf (Isaiah 40:1-2.) He has triumphed on my behalf. He has delivered me from the power of darkness, and has translated me into the kingdom of His dear Son (Colossians 1:13-14). He has spoiled principalities and powers, and has made a show of them openly, triumphing over them (Colossians 2:15). I rehearse those triumphs and thank Him that as His co-worker and interpreter, He has made me more than a conqueror through Him who loves me (Romans 8:37).

Link: https://christiandiet.com.ng/wp-content/uploads/2021/06/Legacy-Of-Faith-T.L.-Osborn-Christiandiet.com_.ng_.pdf

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home