The Becoming God

Saturday, January 20, 2024

Moses and the Milta--the Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful Milta

Sorry for not posting for awhile. My mind has been boggled, and my thoughts revolutionized, by the Milta (Aramaic). I hardly know where to begin. The Milta has given me a whole new vision of what is going on in the universe, a new conceptualization of ontic theology and of the mechanics of it. The Milta is a super big, "Oh."

I first heard of the Milta in Victor N. Alexander's Aramaic New Testament: Translation of the Ancient Aramaic Scriptures directly into English (2012, ISBN 9781456475789, Charleston, SC). In his footnote on John 1:1 (page 180), Alexander explains: "Milta means the essential connotation for a person of thing." BEFORE the beginning, the essential connotation for Allaha existed, the essential connotation for Allaha was WITH Allaha, and the essential connotation for Allaha WAS Allaha.

"This was in the beginning with Allaha. Everything was within his power*, [otherwise] nothing would ever exist.* Through him [there] was Life* and Life became the spark* of humanity. And that [ensuing] fire* lights the darkness, and darkness does not overshadow it" (John 1:2-5 Alexander). John's point here, I believe, is that this was Moses' religion, that Moses worshiped the Milta. It was the Milta that became incarnated in and as Jesus Christ.

Milta does not mean quite the same as logos, the Greek word used in translation of the Aramaic. Logos means 'word'. Milta also means 'word', but is substantive, that is, it is the word AND THE DEED THAT GOES WITH IT, the word's RESULT. So, "In the beginning was the DEED." The Milta, the essential connotation for Allaha, is "concrete." That is, it is the Manifestation of Allaha, the end of Allaha's becoming manifest. THIS ESSENTIAL CONNOTATION, ALLAHA'S MANIFESTATION, WAS IN THE BEGINNING WITH ALLAHA, AND WAS ALLAH. AND IS JESUS CHRIST.

This has given me some things to think about. Like what Job meant in Job 19:25-27, when he said, "I know that my Redeemer [ever] lives, and at the latter day on earth shall stand; and after [worms] this body hath consumed, yet in my flesh I shall Eloah see: Whom I, even I, shall see upon my side. Mine eyes shall see Him--stranger now no more: [for this] my inmost soul with longing waits" (Bullinger, The Companion Bible). The Jesus part of Allaha has ever been manifest, and is the Milta--the First and the Last--from before the beginning and remaining after the end, for He is Allaha.

I have many small comments and observations to make concerning the Milta. I think I will just headline them instead of making lengthy explanations.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home