The Becoming God

Tuesday, August 08, 2023

490, 70 7s For the End

A very interesting proposition from Michael Rood; news to me. Of course everyone knows about the Jews' 70 years captivity in Babylon, and the 490 years from then to the coming of the Messiah (Daniel 9's 70 weeks of years). I forgot about the flip side of the captivity, that the Jews had not given the earth its sabbaths for 490 years, and that the 70 years of captivity was to give the earth the 70 years of rest God had decreed for it. This per Leviticus 25:2-7 and Leviticus 26:34-35, 43.

I call the period between the destructions of the Temple the Season of Grace, something I think I read from Victor Alexander. The proposition that is news to me is that Jesus' earthly ministry at the end of the Season of Grace was also 490 DAYS, or just 70 weeks long--less than a year and a half (see DISPROVING the 3.5 year ministry of the Messiah by A Rood Awakening). It looks like Jesus' ministry was a picture of the picture the Season of Grace was, a micro of the macro, a reiteration. I've got my salt, will look into it.

____________________

Interesting edit: Why Does Michael Rood Say That John 6:4 Does Not Belong In The Bible?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home