The Becoming God

Monday, December 20, 2021

The Seven "Daughters" of Jethro, the Sign of God - A Question: What are They?

This is a serious question. Someone shared about their friend who is facing eviction. A lot of not-so-good life-choices, physical and mental injuries, loss of income and such, with chronic negativity and pessimism. While we can pray, this person needs to see that God IS all around. And inside. Increase and abundance are the sign of God by which we know He is there (increase can be in troubles, too, as our negativity has its consequence). I consider Jethro to be the sign of God Moses noticed in realizing the true nature of God. Jethro had seven daughters; i.e., seven manifestations of increase and abundance that signal to humans and draw them to Christ. What are these seven, these actions by which we see God's nature revealed? Are they life, growth, prosperity, His intervention against evil, healing, deliverance, visitation, prophecy fulfilled? What DEMONSTRATES God? Please make suggestions in the comment section below.

I wrote the above paragraph as explanation to my writing below:

The Book of Exodus is about the process of getting to know God. Moses, the seed of the Reward we are destined to, was born in the everyman (Israel, Eil prevailing in His effort) and became aware of spiritual reality through religious philosophies. "Calmed-from-waters" is what 'Moses' means, and he "grew in those days."

'Jethro' means "his jutting over." It is that "pressed down, shaken together and running over" abundance. Moses noticed this common thread of provision, increase, and blessing in the philosophies as he "sat by the water well." The King Priest of the Medians had seven daughters who came and dipped their buckets and filled the troves with water for Jethro's herds to drink...herds being the idle thoughts which came into Moses' mind. Moses shooed away interrupting thoughts and concentrated on these thoughts of Jethro, the sign of God. You know the rest - in his meditation (Horeb, parched-mountain top) Moses perceived that this blessed increase is the action of the Son of God, the Consciousness of the Ineffable expanding Itself in love for other.

Jethro, if he was the King Priest of the Medians (the term could refer to Jesus), had seven daughters. My question is: What are the seven daughters of God's increase and abundance by which we are drawn to God? Do these daughters somehow correspond to the signs Jesus performed in the Book of John? Are they signs and wonders, acts of mercy and grace, etc.? How does the Power/Authority Beyond The Stars (Elohim) indicate Itself to us? It is Jesus who reveals Elohim (John 1:18). How?

Can you help me with some suggestions, please, of what my friend might point out to her friend to open the door? I guess I will post better responses and recommendations here.


Some examples are in order. The Israelites believed in the Golden Calf because Aaron did not make it: Exodus 32:22-24 says that Aaron threw the gold into the fire, and "out leapt this calf." You see a liquid metal calf leap out of a fire, and you KNOW something is going on. Adam knew God because they walked with Him. That is probably symbolic, but they witnessed Him or His action enough to know Him.

In the 1970s I was dealing with Pagan spiritual teachings and exercises, and Jesus intervened opening my eyes to the two worlds working, this one that we see, and the one that we do not. That convinced me that the invisible one is at least there, er, here, for real. You could write that off as insight, but when Jesus SPOKE to me audibly in my brain, THAT was a physical, historical event. Things went miraculously my way getting into Melodyland School of Theology, and at the Christian Center with Charles Hunter I (in the audience) held still and watched intently as my left arm grew out but a half inch or more. That kind of movement can be arranged to impress an audience by unscrupulous evangelists, but I was alone and making sure I didn't move - my arm just lengthened. And at my baptism in the Holy Spirit I made no effort to speak at all in tongues or anything else. I surrendered myself and the Spirit MOVED my mouth, lips, tongue, and breath. I simply observed It doing it.

So yeah, I pretty much believe in God. Today I see the consequence of my thoughts as they manifest. Not always so proud of that, but I do see God in action. But what do we note to an unbeliever? The grace of life by the warmth of the sun? What good things do we point out to someone whose life is crashing down on them to get them to pray in the first place?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home