The Becoming God

Friday, December 24, 2021

Do You Speak In Tongues From Babble? I Did Not Speak In Tongues From Babble

For many years I have seen people coaching others to speak in tongues by making babbling sounds. That was not my experience. In the euphoria of the quickening of the Holy Spirit rising through my body, my jaw started to move by that quickening Spirit. As the Spirit took control of my surrendered body, my jaw, tongue, lips - all my vocal apparatus, they began to move as by themselves. The minister with his hands on me coached me, "Don't try to control it." Surrendering further, the gratitude and appreciation and love and adoration I felt for God in that quickening overflowed from my body, spilling out through my mouth as words as the Spirit gave them form. I DID NOT FORM THEM. It was 100% the Spirit of God: I was an amazed observer of what was going on in and through me. THAT, for me, is what is meant by "speaking in tongues." I did not begin by making babbling sounds to become directed by the Holy Spirit. I did nothing but specifically surrender my mouth above and beyond my complete surrender of my body and being. The Spirit was the one moving my mouth and speaking through me by my surrendered body. I directed NOTHING.

I had had enough experience living in San Francisco's Chinatown and sailing with the Navy throughout the Far East to recognize that it was an Asian dialect flowing out of my mouth. I marveled at the fluidity and distinctness of the words formed...not by me! I still speak in tongues volitionally, but they are different, of me and my speaking under my control rather than the Spirit through my surrendered body with me doing NOTHING.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home