The Becoming God

Thursday, November 25, 2021

A Word From Victor Alexander, November 23, 2021

I keep in touch with Victor Alexander. For various reasons he cannot do much translation work anymore. Not like he was, anyhow. He has been a film maker and a translator for these many years, not a theologian, though he certainly has a very profound worldview apparent in his translation. I share with him how I use his translations in my theology. I figure Vic is about 78 years old now, and I am hoping he is around for another 78! His latest response to me:

From: Vic Alexander

Hi Dan, I'm glad you've found my translation useful and you've benefited by its unique revelations, as I explain the deeper meanings of certain words that are critical to a fuller understanding of what Jesus Christ meant with certain words and especially expressions that nobody before me or probably after me will ever come to know. That is mainly that I am the only translator who has provided scholarly footnotes at the end of each chapter, where I have stated the literal wordings of each phrase and expression, while translating the text of each chapter and verse idiomatically.
I'll be happy to comment on any of your postings in your blog, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Vic Alexander
________________________________________

I have an ulterior motive in promoting Vic's translations. There was a church in the first century from which our New Testament scriptures came from. They had a particular understanding of the Old Testament scriptures and their meaning. I have a feeling that our modern Western church is really, really, really far from what that first century church was. The only way we can get back to anything like the ancient Aramaic Church will be through their scriptures and their understanding of them. Vic's translations are the closest thing we have got. The King James will not cut it. Go with Alexander's texts and the Holy Spirit...and the ancient Aramaic Church.

Oh, and by the way, Happy Thanksgiving!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home