The Becoming God

Wednesday, June 30, 2021

You Are Being Pursued

It is a lovely tint imparted to the scriptures, that the supposedly Hebrew 'ehyeh 'asher 'ehyeh ("I AM THAT I AM") of Exodus 3:14 might actually be a Median (Midian) proto-Arabic language expression of love, of God being impassioned and devoted, determinedly pursuing us. It puts a pleasant and personal light on the Marriage Feast of the Lamb, on the Church being the Bride. GOD IS PURSUING US!!

For me, the words 'to create' means "to imagine." God first imagined the beautiful earth...and then it became. Or rather is becoming. Adam were male and female. As they imagined, they created their world. Their plan then got projected into experience. THAT was their "wife," as it is ours. WE ARE GOD'S PLAN'S PROJECTION, ITS "WIFE." We are "Eve," the mother of all living. Because we are to be one with God consciously and aware, because It pursues to catch us, for that reason a man leaves his father and mother to catch a wife for himself, and they become clearly one. Our experience illustrates God's loving pursuit of us to that clarity. This makes all the verses about the love of God all the more interesting. It is after us, and It is the Reward.

The Reward. The word 'gospel' originally meant "reward." We tell people the kerugma, the message about how the Reward became available through the birth, life, death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus Christ. Our reconciliation to God through Him is the Reward. We ARE redeemed and are accounted to BE Him, clearly HIS.

If It Is A Pursuit, There Must Be a Person. Be a man, lady, and let Him catch you.

2 Comments:

  • Hi Dan, I think this is a beautiful interpretation of "I Am that I Am" and opens up a new world of thought on the nature of our relationship to God through our imagination. I have been thinking the past few days on the idea of possibilities, as with Him all things are possible. The challenge is to let go of all the limited beliefs that one has created, like a wall, around themselves. Albert Einstein said something to the effect that the mind that created the problem cannot solve the problem. What I take this to mean is that until I go beyond my limited thinking I will not see the solution. I find imagining a bit like that. It is sometimes difficult to go beyond my limited mind. I am waiting, I guess for the experience of God to help me with this. In my studies I contemplate a Hebrew letter each week, as a symbol to the nature of God, therefore myself. My letter this week is Chet, which represents infinite possibilities. Your post adds to the concept of the union we have with God. Accepting, or assimilating this into my reality, the abundant and loving nature of God isn't as easy as it might seem. I have to give up (die) to my limited understanding. It sounds so glorious and liberating (and it is) yet I find myself sometimes still holding onto that which I do not want because it is what I know and what feels comfortable. If you have any recommendations as to moving beyond them I would be appreciative. I suspect that it is something I have to figure out for myself, but thought I would ask. Take care!
    Sincerely,
    Cheryl C

    By Blogger ccraig, at 4:26 AM  

  • Again, I think I will have a bigger response later. I want to acknowledge your comment. Thank you for reading. I would appreciate a link to your Facebook group, not that I am going to join. They sound interesting, as did Abdullah from whom Neville learned. I wrote earlier that illustrations work. True, the Bible is written in symbolic language, and is not literal history. But I believe it is literal in another sense. Neville said so often, "I have experienced it!" In imagination, yet it was real. Jesus is in us, yet He is the Lord of Hosts. What hosts? The countless trillions of conscii who have evolved, messengers of the faith which has evolved in them? That the (...?) is, and they devote their lives to serve It as Its messengers? I think they have a religion more ancient than the sun and earth. I am suggesting we ask them for help. For illustration works, because the symbolism is REAL. Ask Jesus/the messengers to help you move beyond yourself. When I entered the H.S. baptism experience, I was a dummy on Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. It is first the vision, and then the interpretation. Just maybe He/they will help move you to where you want to be, and then let you learn from it. Forty-six years later, I am still trying to figure it out. Thanks for the question.

    By Blogger Daniel C. Branham-Steele, at 1:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home