The Becoming God

Thursday, August 27, 2020

Opportunity in Prayer: It Costs NOT ONE RED CENT

When I was a kid, I started a coin collection of pennies. I had one of those blue cardboard folders with date-marked cutouts to press the pennies into. I bugged the hell out of the local convenience store and bank exchanging rolls of pennies as I searched to fill all the slots. I had a problem with the 1943 copper and 1944 steel pennies I found; there were no cutouts for them. So I pressed them in under the 1943 steel and 1944 copper pennies. I had no idea that the reason there were no cutouts for them was they were so rare -- they weren't even supposed to exist! I gave the collection away not knowing I was giving away the opportunity of selling those pennies for hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Hundreds of thousands of dollars for a couple of pennies. A missed opportunity. What do I lose when I do not pray, which costs not even one red cent?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home