The Becoming God

Sunday, September 23, 2018

Imagination Precedes Manifestation

If I may revisit The Amazing Simplicity of Neville Goddard's Teachings, the Bible starts with a son born, Moses. Moses isn't his name; it is his nature. He is "born a son" in that he is interested in the ancient Egyptian religions. What are they about? he wonders. Something tells him that they are about God's excellence, Jethro. But what is God's excellence? What is its real nitty-gritty? What is it in the here and now? Moses' meditation is "tending the flocks of Jethro."

Dry and thirsty in mind searching for understanding of what it is that is really going on, of what the world is about, Moses hears God's answer. Mano y mano - no intermediaries. "Wassup?" asks Moses. That is, “What is your nature as it is here?” God explains:

"Imagination Precedes Manifestation."

That is what Exodus 3:14 means. Whether you approach it from the Hebrew 'ehyeh 'asher 'ehyeh, "I AM THAT I AM," or the Aramaic Ahiyeh Ashur hiyeh, "I Become by Creative Imagination My Own Manifestation" (or any of the other dozen or so ways I have translated Victor Alexander's notes* on the verse), that imagination precedes manifestation because it is God is what Exodus 3:14 means.

God first imagines; he assumes that he is what he has imagined; and then he becomes what he has imagined. THAT is our “I am.”

In our minds we say, "I am." God's "I am" is related to THAT "I am." God said to Moses, "I am THAT 'I am.'" What we imagine becomes HIS excellence. He is the one who comes in his coming. By the spark of imagination which kindles the fire of creation, the desire which gives life to the manifestation of the Ever Present, God becomes.

*3:14 Lit. Aramaic: (1) "Ahiyeh": "the One Who Comes in His Coming," the absolute sense of "the One Who Comes." (2) "Ashur": "the Beginning Spark that kindles the Fire" or "the Light." (3) "Hiyeh": "His Coming." (4) "Ahiyeh" and "hiyeh" are related forms of the same word. They mean more than "the Coming." They signify also the "Eternal Presence," "the Ever-Present," and the "Never Ceasing Intent of the Comer to Come." (5) In the same way, "Ashur" signifies "the Uncreated Creator who Creates Everything from Nothing." (6) Also, "Ashur" signifies: "Above-the-Flames."

I will restate this again in https://imagicworldview.blogspot.com/2018/09/a-more-readable-key-to-deuteronomy-64s.html.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home