The Becoming God

Thursday, July 19, 2018

The Same Promise as Given to Neville? Maybe. That Which Is Promised? No.

Hi, Dan! I'm enjoying your blog. I'm an avid fan of Neville Goddard, and I've been practicing imagining to create reality for three years. I'm eagerly awaiting The Promise, as Neville teaches it. I was wondering...have you experienced The Promise?

Kindly,

Courtney
_________________________________________

Courtney,

Thank you for reading, and I hope you find something useful in my blog. And thank you for the interesting and actually challenging question. My short answer would be, “Yes, maybe, and no.”

Challenging because there was something special about Abraham and Neville: they had gone out. They were what 'hebrew' is all about, already religious ascetics when God gave them the SIGNS of the Promise. They were already TOWARD God. I only had a taste of that towardness when I was baptized in the Holy Spirit. It didn't take me long to sin again. Another opportunity lost.

When you asked, I checked again quickly Neville's meaning of the Promise in his lectures "God's Promise to Man"; "The Promise Explained,"; "The Promise Fulfilled"; and chapter 15 of The Law and the Promise, The Promise: Four Mystical Experiences (I think this was his best exposition). I should mention it is also covered in the lecture "God's Law and His Promise."

We know about the Promise as a promise because of Neville. 99.999% of people think that Adam and Eve, Noah, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob were historical people of flesh and blood like us. They were not, and neither are we, which is kind of the point.

Moses promulgated the Promise as a major tenet of his teaching in Genesis. Genesis is what he learned from God in Exodus. Here is yet another of my dozen or so translations of Exodus 3:14, "I am what it is all about" (Ahiyeh Ashur hiyeh in the Aramaic, per Alexander). The giving of the Promise in Genesis entails the Exalted Father, Abram, becoming the Merciful Father of many children, Abraham, with the promise that Sarah, Abraham's desire, would become young again and bear Isaac. The story goes on with Jacob and Esau unto Joseph in Egypt, and, weirdly, unto the Exodus which began Moses.

We all get the story of the Promise, some get the signs of the Promise, we all can get the Earnest of the Promise in the baptism of the Holy Spirit, but very few receive that-which-is-promised: restoration unto Godhood. Memory returns when God raises up a son for us, and then becomes his Father (2 Sam. 7:12-14). For Him to be the Father of our son, we have to become Him. If you want to be the Father, you have to have the son. The son is David, the Christ, our anointed works. (Not the works themselves, but our living out the anointing which is God.) Quite a challenge. And a promise.

1 Comments:

  • Hi, Dan! I appreciate you getting back to me. I'm taking my time to reply because I find your writing deep and complex, obviously indicative of your level of knowledge and wisdom. Give me some time, I'll respond. :) BTW, I've found several people who have experienced The Promise on the facebook group, Feeling is the Secret. That gives me hope!

    By Blogger Pure Potential, at 7:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home