The Becoming God

Monday, July 30, 2018

Remember What This Is All About

Mr. Steele,

Yes, the subject is a bit difficult to describe but I anticipate you will understand if I describe myself as a seeker who lives in Barbados (where Neville was born) and I trying to follow up his teachings. When I was a boy, my father had a couple of his books. I could not understand them. Within the last year I have found “Your Faith Is Your Fortune” and “Seedtime and Harvest” among my books and I long to be in contact with people who are carrying on his teachings because I want to know of their own experiences. I am also very interested in Neville’s perception of the Bible as a psychological drama. That’s for openers. I would certainly like to receive your blogs. I look forward to hearing from you. Every Blessing.

From Barbados
_________________________

Thank you for reading my blog and pleased to meet you. I also describe myself as a seeker and write what I learn AFTER I am sure what I have learned is right. That does not mean I am as deep and perceiving as Neville, but I am pretty sure I am not flat out wrong. I wrote a lot to myself for about thirty years but never taught because I knew something wasn’t kosher in Christianity. The stink was division: God as a separate being. I chanced upon Resurrection at a used bookstore and it corrected me. That is what we are trying to do to the whole world: to correct it.

There are over eight hundred posts in my blog. You might be well served by reading God is a Verb by Rabbi David A. Cooper. There is a lot of reading possible, but it mostly only confuses us. God straightens it out to the simple: He is becoming — that is what everything IS.

About Cooper. We call God a being. It is an action. Its action is all we can detect of . . . (?). We haven’t a clue as to What or Who is godding over us, but we can determine that “God” is Its action. “I believe in God” = “I believe in goverance, direction, and control by . . . (?).” The really, really wild thing is that there is NO separation or division between It and us, us and It. Our mind, body, and the world/universe are It also.

Dan Steele

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home