The Becoming God

Friday, June 23, 2017

On the Law of Assumption: Do Not Assume That What You Desire Will Happen, But That It DID

The Law of Assumption is an odd law. Assuming that all metaphysical and spiritual laws are due to the nature of God, that they are part and parcel to that nature, the Law of Assumption is weird. Maybe that is why we have such a hard time with it. It is God's nature, but how can it be? The law says that in creation--causation--effect precedes cause; that to cause an event we do not imagine simply that it will happen, but that it did already happen. This is so head-twisting that the first instance of it in the Bible could not be accepted by the translators to mean what it says: "As the Beginning, the Son of God, (the Ineffable) created God: the Heavens and the Earth" (Genesis 1:1 Victor Alexander, Rabbi David A. Cooper, and me).

Whoa. Wait. What?

The Ineffable Most High Source created the Heavens and Earth as God by assuming their effect, the Son of God, as the Beginning. The Cause is underway as the result of the Effect. I told you it was weird.

I have to think about this.

Okay, I'm back to say some more. To create Its Manifestation, the Ineffable assumed the end: the Son of God as an already done deal. Not that He would happen, but that He did happen. Hence we read in the scriptures, "Christ is risen." Well, that is OUR end. From the Beginning.

The Son precedes the Father He proceeds from? What is this to the Eternal? Is Its end before Its beginning also? Is this why It is eternal: It is intelligence that is power to become what It imagines and believes always assuming a greater end, a running end?

So if I desire something I assume that I enjoyed it, and by the time I get it I will desire something else that I enjoyed. No wonder it is hard to keep track.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home