The Becoming God

Sunday, March 01, 2015

Neville Goddard Explains What the Power of Creation Is

The mystery of creation is power. The Ineffable, the invisible Most High God who is No-thing, created everything. How? By what power did the Eternal create the existence of temporal, physical "stuff?"

In the lecture "Power," Neville Goddard tells us in the first five minutes . . . if we are paying attention:

"The earliest Gospel is Mark, and the first words we find on the lips of this power (the Lord's Christ) [are]: “The time is fulfilled, and the Kingdom of God is at hand. Repent, and believe in the gospel” (Mark 1:15, Moffatt’s translation).

"Now, the word 'repent' as we use it in the world is not what Scripture means when we use it here. We mean to feel remorse, regret. That hasn’t a thing to do with the word 'repent'! It’s the Greek 'metanoia,' a radical, but radical(!) change of attitude, a radical change of mind.

"Can I see an objective, and then everything tells me, well, I can’t realize it?"

THAT was the situation the Ineffable found Itself in. Invisible, eternal nothing. No form, no body, no means by which to "exist." Yet the Ineffable found a way.

"Well, do I have the power to realize an objective? I tell you, we have; we have the power. Well, what is the deeper meaning of 'power' but effectiveness in achieving one’s purpose in life? Well, so I have a purpose. Do I have the power?

"I tell everyone: Yes."

Listen up, people. Here is the POWER by which the Ineffable created everything:

"You can imagine the end (you desire), can’t you? Can you imagine what it would be like if it were true? Can you feel what it would be like if it were true? Well, then, THAT is power! Now, can you be persistent in it? Can you remain faithful to that end as though it were true?"

As I see it, imagining is the Ineffable's body. Pure Intelligence's action of imagining is Its "form." By imagining IF the end desired were true, and feeling WHAT IT WOULD BE LIKE if the end desired were true, the No-thing created everything!

Did everything then exist? Yes! The Paradise that is the "end" desired by the Ineffable is predetermined and is symbolically described, in my opinion, in Genesis chapter one. There isn't anything that can happen that will sway from the Ineffable's achievement the Paradise. Every possible development is already accounted for, leaving a running "end." Every potentiality--already in the mind of the Ineffable--is becoming manifest "existence" bit by bit as we ride the crest of the present to the Paradise.

Says Neville: "Now, I don’t care what the objective is. You have the power to achieve it if you know this power is the power of 'Christ.' For all things are possible to him. He is personified in Scripture. Let us go back and see how they first personify him." (This is not his first mention in scripture, but his first distinction as a being time-wise:)

"You’ll read it in the 8th chapter of the book of Proverbs, the 22nd verse through to the end, the 36th verse, and these are the words: 'God possessed me in the beginning of his way, the very first of his acts of old' (Proverbs 8:22). One translation has it: 'He created me' [Moffatt]. That’s not a good translation. I can’t say I create my capacity to think. I can develop it, but it was with me in the beginning. I can’t say I created my capacity to imagine; it was with me. I may not imagine correctly, but it was with me. So, 'God possessed me in the beginning of his way, the very first of his acts of old, before He brought forth the universe, before he laid out the foundations of the earth. I was beside him like a little child. I was daily his delight, rejoicing before him always, delighting in his inhabited world. Now, my sons, listen to me, he who finds me finds life and obtains favor from the Lord, but he who misses me, injures himself. All who hate me love death.'

"You read these words in the 8th [chapter] of Proverbs. Here he (imagining, the creative power mentioned above) is personalized as a little child, God’s companion in the creation of the world. When you read it, it doesn’t make sense, but I tell you from my own personal experience, having practiced the art of repentance and having experienced the birth from above with the little child, I know exactly what the prophet meant when he was inspired to write those words. One day you will encounter this creative power in you, personified as a little child.

"The whole vast world has completely misunderstood it and thinks it is a little child wrapped in swaddling clothes that was found by the shepherds two thousand years ago. That’s a sign of the birth in man of the creative power of God. So God is actually bringing forth his creative power in man, and when it is brought to birth in man so that man actually becomes part of the creative power of the universe, the sign of his birth – the sign of his awareness of it – is that of a little child.

"So, here 'I' was like him; 'I' was beside him like a little child when he brought forth the universe. So, [as] in everyone, in bringing 'me' forth as part of the creative power of the universe, the sign of my arriving at that point is symbolized in [the birth] of a little child. When I find the child, I have found life! Now I have life in myself. I’m no longer an animated body; I am a life-giving spirit (THE Life-giving Spirit). If I miss it, I injure myself. 'All who hate me love death.'"

When do we find the child? Do we have to find a baby wrapped in swaddling clothes, as Neville did in a vision? That is a sign, not the actual finding. The "child" is us. We are the creative imagining, the eternal being. As Neville often said, "When it WORKS, you have found him!" "Him" . . . is you.

If you happen to be a person who in some way is lacking a form you desire, what would it hurt to imagine that you have that form? That you actually are it? Can you imagine it being true? Can you feel it being true? It wouldn't cost you a dime to try it--not one red cent! Not that the power is free; it is you.

There are literally thousands--tens or hundreds of thousands of books, papers, articles, tracts and sermons that teach this. "Prayer works!" the church teaches. Positive confession, positive mental attitude, "Possibility Thinking," the power of the subconscious mind, mind science--this is not a closely guarded secret. You cannot get more "public domain" than the mind of every living soul. So what would it hurt to try it?

We are all doing it unwittingly, anyway. Put some wit on it. What you desire, imagine a scene which implies that it is something you HAVE. Imagine it so clearly, vividly, vibrantly and feelingly that it IS the three-dimensional reality that you experience. If you can fall asleep in that state, so much the better. I suggest you make a note of it--keep a journal or notebook of what you have so desired that you "had" it this way. That way, when it works and you have in manifest reality what you beforehand wanted, well, there You are.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home