The Becoming God

Saturday, February 21, 2015

The Seventh Day Advaitaist

I joke about being a Seventh Day Advaitaist. 'Advaita' is Sanskrit for without-division. I believe in the principle of non-dual reality, that everything from the ineffable, Most High No-thing to simplest physical photons, quarks and quantum particles are altogether ONE being, and that WITHOUT DIVISION. That is, everything is one unified, whole being: the Ineffable.

The Ineffable, as I refer to the Source of the imagining that has created and become us, is not just that Imaginer but the whole spectrum of manifest reality. The Ineffable is the creative force and the created--the becomer and the manifest; the sender and the sent; the imaginer and the imagined; the Lord and his Christ; the Father and the Son--and altogether we are YHWH--the PATTERN of the Ineffable becoming form.

I read this wonderful little poem by Tersteegen the other day, quoted in Hudson Taylor's Spiritual Secret (Chicago: Moody Press, 1932, page 233):

He told me of a river bright
That flows from Him to me,
That I might be, for His delight,
A fair and fruitful tree.

--THAT is what YHWH means.

Taylor's secret was that he realized that Christ is All (see chapter 14, the Exchanged Life, pg. 154ff). Everything is Christ's work, and that work is ours because we are him. God is one, and he, Christ, lives in each and every one of us. His work is faith. THAT is what Moses was talking about in his Gospel: Exodus 3: 14 means that we are "one with Him whose work it is." One, not two.

Which brings me to Jethro. I have another blog of only one or two postings, I think, called the Lost Flocks of Jethro. Jethro is the great mystery in my life. What is Jethro? The name/nature means "his jutting over." Is it the bit of abundance that comes our way in faith? Is it the universe? Is it the Form that the Ineffable desired and which we are becoming? I think it is this latter. The Form is and ever shall be the manifestation of the Ineffable. It does not really have an ending. It is Advaita--eternally two . . . without division.

Between the beginning in Genesis and the end in Revelation is the Sabbath. God is doing his work, and that is us in our "now." We, in this minute, are the work of the Ineffable becoming. In this his seventh day, what shall he deny us if we do his work?




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home