The Becoming God

Thursday, November 09, 2023

We Have GOT The Wrong God, But We Can BE On The Right Path

"Eye does not see and ear does not hear, and over the heart does not rise the thing God graced to those who mercy Him" (1 Corinthians 2:9 Alexander).

I can safely assert that our view of God is too small, too limited. The real (...?) that is God is beyond our comprehension. Far beyond. If the thing God has graced to those who mercy Him is beyond our fathoming, how much more beyond fathoming is the Giver of that thing.

J. B. Phillips' Your God Is Too Small is the only book I have displayed on my bookshelves, so that I will see the words on its cover every time I pass by. Isn't it enough to make you want to weep, that God is so far beyond our senses? We can't even see Him. But we can WATCH Him by perceiving what He DOES. What God does is as good as Himself, for His nature is the source of all His actions--there is no other actor!

3 Comments:

  • How can I get closer to God?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:48 PM  

  • Dear Anonymous at 3:48,

    That is probably the most important question of all. I am in the process of writing a post that may help answer it. I call it Wrong Way Dannigan, because when I asked the question of myself, I went the wrong way (the name is a takeoff on Wrong Way Corrigan, who famously "accidentally" flew from New York to Ireland instead of to California). First of all, believe in God and believe that He Himself can and will teach you and inform you into Him. Talk to Him, and LISTEN. Second, read the Scriptures. Something important here: try to understand and grasp that the Scriptures mean what they say, but do not always say what they mean. They are illustrations with meaningful details that are code for what IS meant. They are how He will answer you. Third, realize that you've got it all wrong: you do not get closer to God--you ARE God. THAT is what the scriptures are telling us. Our faith is that He is WITHIN us. Heaven is not out "there," but is in here, in our skulls, and is our imagination. The God outside is WITHIN. Get closer? You are already zero distance. We are just getting from not knowing it, to knowing it.

    By Blogger Daniel C. Branham-Steele, at 8:41 PM  

  • Thank you Dan for your time, I've been reading your blog for a long time. It's a inner and individual process, I know, but I still wanted to ask you the question, thank you again, have a good day

    By Blogger Nicolas, at 4:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home