The Becoming God

Friday, July 29, 2022

Agency Beyond Coincidence In The Knowledge Gap

There are countless reasons for people to dismiss Christianity and the the idea of there being a supreme God. Not small on the list is the miraculous being attributed by Christians to what is merely coincidence. To the religious, there is no such thing as coincidence. God is sovereign and all is foreknown and predestined for His purposes, which is one of the main reasons people wind up dismissing Christianity and God: there is too much bad stuff He would ultimately be responsible for.

My problem is response by the Gap. There is distinct display of agency in response to x. I am a dodo encountering a demon, and my mind's eye is empowered to see it for what it really is. That is admittedly weak, but it was my first conscious spiritual experience. I am imagining the scourging and crucifixion of Jesus as "what He did for me," and that Imagination speaks to me audibly in my brain's physical nervous circuitry, in a voice which is not one of my imagination's. It was impressively distinct. Something in the Gap is monitoring my thoughts and imagination and is powerful to transcend from spirit to physical energy at the appropriate moment. Charles Hunter prays for a few dozen people scattered among a couple of thousand, and at the exact moment of imploring Jesus to make what appeared to be mismatched lengths of limbs even, my arm grows out a fraction of an inch.

Coincidence? Are you NUTS?! These are all evidence that there is agency in the Gap of our scientific knowledge. Can I show any one of them to you to prove that there is a God? No. The evidence is personal. I KNOW what happened to me. I accept many testimonies of what has happened to others, many of which are far beyond the pale of Christianity. Because while I know there is agency in the Gap, I do not know what It is, except that It is a Consciousness intelligent, powerful, and deliberate. And It appears to be pursuing something. Its display is congruent with THAT: It is compelled by no other thing. Right or wrong, It acts for progress toward Its own manifestation.

THAT is what Christianity is all about. What we call God is a Consciousness, Mind. I believe It to be the Consciousness of some Ineffable Being, of which we can get no closer than consciousness. It has self-evolved to physical manifestation of Its spiritual imaginings, shepherding Its Manifestation to Its self-determined end. We call Its intention the Holy Spirit and Its shepherding the Son, but in any case It is all there is, and what It is doing is really our only option.

So what do we do? We learn to imagine, to control our thoughts to do what It does. It assumes it is what It wants to be, a loving expression of Itself. Thought - no more - the impression of being what It wants to be - and It becomes satisfied with Its being what It desired. The Intelligence is power to become whatever It believes It is. And we are OF that intelligence. Not to our end, but to Its, is agency. Learn from T. L. and Daisy Osborn. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home