The Becoming God

Wednesday, June 29, 2022

A Peculiar Repair

Agnostics. atheists, and deconverts from religion reject God on the basis of their not having any evidence of His reality. I was with them in this. I also rejected God on the same basis, until I had such evidence. Once I had the evidence, I was convinced and converted. Instead of pursuing evidence such as I found, though, the irreligious reject those who do have evidence for their faith. What kind of sense does that make? "I don't have evidence, so you can't?" This reminds me of the many discussions I have had with anti-Charismatic Christians who reject the baptism in the Holy Ghost and the gift of speaking in tongues. "I gave my heart to Jesus, and I love Him and am as surrendered to Him as anyone can be, and I haven't spoken in tongues, so you didn't either." Uh, it doesn't work that way. We do not get baptized and speak in tongues when we accept Him, but when He accepts us. Your church may be giving you wooden nickels. Search for God's economy, and get the real deal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home