The Becoming God

Saturday, December 12, 2020

Proverbs 23:6-7 -- As a Man Thinketh the Wrong Way

"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he" (Proverbs 23:7). It is true that this is indicative of manifestation. The point of the verse, though, is that you have to watch out for hypocrisy. A creep is still a creep even if he treats you to an expensive meal. The 'is' appears to be a supplied copula (italicized in the English text): "As a man thinketh in his heart, so he." Despite whatever illusions he puts forth of righteousness and generosity, he is still lazy, selfish, and greedy.

Alexander translates the verses: "Do not dine with a lazy man, nor desire his food. It is like a man swallowing his pride that you eat and drink with him, and his heart is not with you. And the bread that you eat, you shall throw it up, and you shall degrade your pleasant words." I.e., you are going to be the victim of his manifestation.

This passage reminded me of Carl F. Rehnborg's analysis of the Kingdom of God (Jesus and the New Age of Faith, Buena Park, CA: Carl F. Rehnborg Foundation). I do not think I have ever heard it taught by anyone else. Carl worked it out himself. I do not have the book here in Arizona. On a scale of 1 to 10, I think it is one of the most worthwhile books I have ever read. Rehnborg comes to the most interesting conclusion: goodness and beneficence are the natural order. THAT is the Kingdom of God. Not that there isn't a consciousness Who is God, but that Its ("His") natural manifestation is like It. The natural goodness of God is inherent in the Manifestation, and that resident Power is the "Kingdom of God." That blows my mind. Good God, I'm crying right now. Not only is God good, this, His manifestation, is naturally good.

Can I put faith is this? In His natural order? That as I trudge across the barren desert, there will be water? That if the children held their peace, the very rocks would cry out? That though I die, I shall live?

We are of the Ineffable's Consciousness, so what we believe in our hearts is generative; it is the creation of our lives. What we think in our hearts is true prayer. Like it or not, it becomes. So what we want to be, we must think. With faith in God and the natural order. There isn't anything but Him. Er, Us. Er, Me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home