The Becoming God

Saturday, October 19, 2019

Acts of the Apostles: Praise Means CELEBRATE

I was looking for correspondence between the Acts of the Apostles and the stages of development of our minds as we wake up. I LOVE Ethelbert Bullinger's Companion Bible. Granted, it is the Authorized Version which has unnumbered thousands of errors in it, but the beauty is finding its errors, discovering what the Bible ACTUALLY says, and growing in solid understanding.

So looking for where my mind ought to be in the Book of Acts (the acts of the apostles being our identities sent into action), I notice the little circle before the word 'praise' in verse 2:47: "Praising God, and having favor with all the people." The little circle indicates that there is a note in the margin related to that word. I figure that 'people' are my thoughts. The note is:

47 Praising Gr. aineo. Always used of praising God. Here; 3:8, 9; Luke 2:13, 20; 19:37; 24:53; Rom. 15:11; Rev. 19:5.

Always used of praising God? Nothing else is praised? I noticed a consistent context in the verses:
In 2:47 the Jews praise God because they have just been saved and filled with the Holy Spirit
In 3:8 and 9 the cripple at the gate of the temple praises God because he has just been healed
In Luke 2:13 the angels praise God because YHWH, the Christ, has just been born
In Luke 2:20 the shepherds praise God because they have just found the Savior
In Luke 19:37 the disciples praise God for all the mighty works they have seen
In Luke 24:53 the disciples praised God because they have just seen Christ's ascension
In Romans 15:11 the Gentiles praise God for receiving His mercy
In Revelation 19:5 all God's servants praise Him for destroying Babylon the Great

They are all praise of God for CURRENT ACCOMPLISHMENTS. They are celebrating God for things He has DONE.

I pulled out my Analytical Greek Lexicon to look up the meaning of aineo. It means to CELEBRATE. It corresponds to the Hebrew hilluwl (Strong's Heb. 1974) a celebration of thanksgiving, and halal (Heb. 1984) to be clear, to shine, to make a show, to boast, i.e., to rave! Hallelujah!

Just as God did not mean by "I AM THAT I AM" that He alone self-existent and completely apart from us, but rather that He by us is becoming (“I am that ‘I am’”), we are to praise God for what He has done. It is FINISHED. Whether it has happened yet or not. We look at what needs to be done, but we CELEBRATE in faith that it IS done.

I have probably echoed Neville a hundred times that "prayer is praise; it is thanksgiving." Let me clarify it:

PRAYER IS CELEBRATION FOR WHAT HAS BEEN DONE.

Put your hands together, clap, shout, dance, and PRAISE THE LORD! Have favor with all your people. Celebrate what He has DONE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home