The Becoming God

Saturday, October 20, 2018

On Jethro: The Gist of Exodus 3:14’s "Ahiyeh Ashur hiyeh" (Aramaic) is “I am your consciousness, and I am becoming”: the Melodians' Metaphysical Melody

One thing I learned from Colonel J. Garnier's The Worship of the Dead; or, The origin and nature of pagan idolatry and its bearing upon the early history of Egypt and Babylonia (London: Chapman and Hall. 1909) is that there was a whole lot more happening in the ancient world than most people assume. I read the book at university, and it turned my world upside down. I ordered copies from Kessinger Publishing.

Then I discovered that scripture is symbolic, that while it talks about history it is actually talking about consciousness in the inner man. And from this mode of revelation the initial Hebrew scriptures came.

It was the mysteries of Egypt that Moses was raised in and drew insight from. This should give every Christian and Jew pause. Moses perceived God through the Egyptian myths, but wondered, "What of Him?" The multiplicity of myths did not hide that the fact that God is one. But in the myths there are people from above, and people from below -- what is God doing? What is His excellence, His quality which remains through what He is doing; i.e., what is Jethro?

In Exodus 3:14, God informed Moses, "Ahiyeh Ashur hiyeh" (according to Victor Alexander's notes in his translation from the ancient Aramaic; it could have been "'Ehyeh 'Asher 'Ehyeh," "I am that 'I am'; i.e., I am the 'I am' in you," according to the Hebrew -- I don't know; I wasn't there, but in EITHER case, the gist of it is: “You are!”) "I am your consciousness, and I am becoming." The Imagination which is God is also our imagination, and we are the excellence It is becoming BY our imagining. God is The Becoming One, one being everything. Creation -- everything that is -- is all imagination - HIS! - in and through US!

We are Him. He is the Ineffable. He is imagining, and we are the Ineffable's imagination . . . imagining! We are what He thinks we are, and again, we are what we think we are. Thinking -- imagining -- is the operative power.

This brings us to Abdullah, the teacher and mentor of Neville Goddard. Neville, penniless in New York, felt a God-given desire to visit his home in Barbados. "You are in Barbados!" Abdullah announced to him. Abdullah assumed that Neville was in Barbados having gone there first class on a steamship.

Neville was thrown for a loop. "How can I be in Barbados when I am in New York?" Here is where faith came in: he did not have to believe that God could do it, nor that God would do it, but that God had done it. Abdullah directed Neville to believe, when he went to bed at night, that he was ACTUALLY in his bed in his family home in Barbados. "You are in Barbados! Sleep in that experience."

It is something like a quadriplegic believing he or she is up, while on the bed paralyzed. If God has given a desire to be up, "You are up!" Faith is not that God could or would. Faith is: are! er, am! I want sales. Faith is I had them. I want this or that. Faith is I have it. I receive it as being had; i.e., I ASSUME that I already HAVE it. Accolades do not buy God. He knows what He is, and He knows what we are. We are! Faith is believing what He would have us believe. It is called assumption.

Which brings me to the Melodians' metaphysical melody, Rivers of Babylon. I am delighted that it (the first part of Psalm 137 and the end of Psalm 19) has been coursing through my mind for several days now. We, the consciousness of the Ineffable, are sat down -- crucified -- in these streams of human consciousness. This is the ignorance caused by our flip from Divine consciousness to human experience. This is the "once to die" given. Through many lives we come to remember Zion -- that life is the Divine consciousness. Wickedness - ignorance - has carried us away to the captivity of Nod, forgetting.

To return having completed our three days in hell, it is required of us to "sing the song" of Consciousness. Consciousness is the Anointing that illustratively indwelt Jesus (and for Rastas, King Far-I, Emperor Haile Selassie). But how can we "sing" this consciousness in this strange land, bound by ignorance, having forgotten its experience? Faith in the practice of our imagination being His imagination.

At night, let your words and the imagination of your heart be the Divine's -- whatever would be better than the best -- and ASSUME it is your reality. IT IS HAD!!. And sleep in that. You are His excellence - Jethro!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home