The Becoming God

Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Zechariah 4: What or Who is the Little Stone?

In Zechariah 4 it says that there is a little stone on top of the gold menorah. I know of no other text but the Ancient Aramaic and Victor Alexander’s translation of it where it says little stone instead of a cup or a bowl.

Neville Goddard taught that a stone is a fact. You “stone” a person who is in error with FACTS. So here on top of the menorah of gold, between the two sons of anointing, is a little FACT. What fact do you think it is?


Zechariah 4

1. Then* the angel who spoke through me returned and brought me to, like a man who has awakened from a [deep] sleep.
2. And he said to me, "What did you see?" And I said, "I saw a menorah of gold and a little stone on top of her, with seven candles* upon it and seven [of] seven mouths* to the candles that are in it.
3. "And there were two olive [branches] upon her, one from the right of the little rock and one from its left."
4. And I replied and said to the angel who spoke through me, "What are these, my lord?"
5. The angel spoke through me and said to me, "Do you not know what they are?" And I said, "I do not know, my lord."
6. And he said to me, "These oracles of the Lord regarding Zerubabel are not by power nor by might, except they are [according] to my spirit, said the Almighty Lord.
7. "What are you, a great mountain before Zerubabel? Except a valley, and to bring forth the corner* stone of providence and mercy."*

8. And the manifestation of the Lord was upon me to say,
9. "The hands of Zerubabel have consecrated the foundations of the house here and his hands have obeyed Him, so as you may know that it is the Almighty Lord who has sent me to you."
10. For those who denigrate the small days* shall gaze and see the Stone of Selection* in the hands of Zerubabel -- these are the seven eyes of the Lord that gaze upon all the earth.

11. I replied and said to him, "And what are these two olive [branches] from the right of the Little Stone and from its left?"
12. I replied a second season* and said to him, "And what are these two olive seedlings that are between the two nostrils* of gold from which they draw* the gold?"
13. And he said to me, "Do you not know what they are?" And I said to him, "No, my lord."
14. And he said to me, "These are the two sons of anointing that stand before the Lord of all the earth."

*4:1 Lit. Ar. id.: "And."
*4:2.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Lamps," or "lights."
*4:2.2 Lit. Ar. idiom retained: "Flames."
*4:7.1 Lit. Ar. id.: "Healing," "crowning," "topping," or "excellence."
*4:7.2 NB! Reference to the Coming of the Messiah Eashoa and the role He will play in establishing the Church.
*4:10.1 Lit. Ar. idiomatic construction: "Without those."
*4:10.2 Lit. Ar. id.: Or: "Stone of Division."
*4:12.1 Lit. Ar. id.: Or: "Second time."
*4:12.2 Lit. Ar. id.: "Noses."
*4:12.3 Lit. Ar. id.: "Cut."


I should mention that Vic’s Old Testament Scriptures includes only the books he has translated. I said in a review of his New Testament translations that the text is not as polished as you might get from a big, well funded institution. It is more like you were taking a tour through an ancient ruin and stumbled upon a sealed box that had been hidden by Paul himself. Carefully opening the box to see what is inside, you find ancient texts in an odd form of writing. “This is ancient Aramaic,” the bus driver informs you. “It was the original language of the scriptures. Aramaic is my mother tongue. I was taught how to read the ancient form of it by my priests in the Church of the East. This is what it says,” and he begins to read the ancient scriptures to you as he might read the newspaper. It is a little rough, a little unpolished, a bit ungrammatical (not a problem Vic has), but you for the first time in your life hear the bible as the ancients meant it. Words and turns of phrasing no polished, institutional translation has ever given you.

“Wait. What did that mean? Why doesn’t my bible say anything like that? How did my translation get here from that?” you ask incredulously. And you might find that everything you thought you knew about the scriptures is wrong. I hope not, and yet I hope you do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home