The Becoming God

Thursday, October 02, 2014

The Hidden Endlessness


My interest in Neville Goddard is his kabbalistic, esoteric theology. He often said in his lectures, "When it works, you have found him." Found whom? Found what?

That there are manifest physical results subsequent to our mental actions reflects an underlying reality of power and consciousness. This power and consciousness are the metaphysical makeup of the universe, but they are the metaphysics of whom, of what? They are from what? Power that is conscious bespeaks of someone--a conscious and determining, articulate person. My interest is this invisible but ontic source, the One we are all of, who can put infinity into his shirt pocket.

I am, however, more than a little uncomfortable with causation by imagining techniques. The techniques and methods are God given and are based on God's Laws; to the perceptive they bespeak his very merciful and grace-filled nature. But I am quite certain that it is all to easy to miss the point when engaging these techniques, especially when they are taught only AS techniques, techniques which simply use an underlying, value-free subconscious power that is just naturally at our disposal.  "Ho, everyone that thirsteth, come ye to the waters . . . come buy wine and milk without money and without price" (Isaiah 55: 1), isn't about getting the things we need in life; it is about what we need FOR Life.

Do we really want or need all that crap, the stuff we ask for and claim, even if it is "in faith?" Every lollipop I desire strikes me as abandonment of him who loved me and gave himself for me, a cheapening of the relationship. Yes, I know that that person is me, and that is what bugs me: my person is OF a person, "that" person we mistakenly think of as separate and dismiss as present. We are, all of us, the whole coin, but we here only see the downward-facing side that we are in this human. I want to reach up to that behind my back: I hear "Come unto Me," but don't find the grips or toeholds. "I don't want that," I say of the lollipops and sweets, "there is better than sugar here, the blood, just behind me, over me . . . if I . . . could just . . . manage . . . to turn around . . . to it." To Him.

I know it is there, that He is there. I've been there. Janet Gunther told me, too, where she was when she heard Him say, "You are healed." It is our abandonment of us to him, the floating that comes from falling and being CAUGHT by someone strong enough in that dimension to catch us here in this dimension.

"This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting" (Mark 9: 29) has not a thing in the world to do with not eating, but with the abandonment and casting off of self in complete surrender to him who IS. The epileptic child is us; the foul spirit who throws us into the fire--our ignorance. In the Presence, the inner presence that displaces ignorance, that is enough for us. All the other stuff people seek for--"What of it?" What we need, He works out.

It is just about the ultimate bummer to find our feet are still here, and we have to go about living this life again. But we ever have a connection inside to that place where it is not just a power, but the consciousness.

The works resultant from causation by imagining techniques tell us that "there," the Life, is there. It is up to us to decide whether it is worth more all the punch and cookies and free things we can get in the world. With the infinite, eternal Life we are "not one, but not two." But do we listen? Alexander's ancient Aramaic version of Malachi shocked me. It reads exactly opposite of the traditional reading, where God offers to prove himself if we test him by bringing all the tithes into the storehouse. Boy, do pastors love that one: "Hey, it's not me; it's God saying it." The original text says that the nation DOES test him by bringing all the tithes into the storehouse so that He will bless them, which he does, AND THEN THEY DIDN'T GIVE A RAT'S ASS FURTHER ABOUT HIM. "If I am a father, where is my honor?"

He is our father, but do we honor him when we use his nature via some technique? We can, you know. It has to do with attitude, with recognition of what we are doing, whom we are doing it by, and doing it in submission to and in accordance with the Law, which is His nature.

Please make him, and not just what you can get, your objective.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home